K-pop songs and music videos that makes me think of some books

• I remember that I made a thread like this once in the old AKP forum before the revamp.

I'm excluding songs that are obviously inspired by a book, e.g. Ryeowook's "Little Prince"

BTW it is long time ago since I read some of the books.

Blossom Tears

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Blossom Tears makes me think of Jar City by Arnaldur Indriðason.

Just because the music video has something that makes me think of one part of the book.

Sector 1 and Cyberpunk

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Both of these ATEEZ songs make me think of The Giver by Lois Lowry.

Sector 1 mentions a "gray city", which makes em think of that place in that book. And the part where Yunho sings "I want to know what is love. What it feels like." and it makes me think of how some emotions are erased in that dystopic world, including love.

When I read the meaning of Cyberpunk somewhere, I got reminded of The Giver because it makes me think of how the main character in The Giver finds out that he lives in a dystopic world.

Well... that entire THE WORLD EP 1: MOVEMENT album makes me think of dystopic novels and some of the songs are most likely also based on dystopias like "1984" and "The Hunger Games", not sure if they also were inspired by The Giver.

Goodbye To Romance

Makes me think of To All The Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han.

Error

Not sure if this counts, but this made me think of The Steadfast Tin Soldier by H.C. Andersen.

or at least...

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!