Stray Kids 2.24M preorder, ending NCT, BP and Seventeen. Why?

• You make It seem like they 'declined' drastically. It was like 300k less on Spotify and around 200k less on Youtube only, iirc. And It still better than any other male group not named BTS 💀

Maybe casuals didn't like It as much as Maniac. It happens.

• well case 143 is more pop and bright than their usual main tracks, that’s probably why the spotify streams didn’t beat maniac. personally didn’t like the switch so didn’t bother streaming lol

pop is more mainstream, they should have more streams imo. this is just an excuse. they have inflated sales

• They’re obviously really popular and can sell out tons of shows in the USA and will have another #1 album in US with sales bigger than BP and Twice. I don’t know what the deal with the streams are. Can someone within the fanbase explain why a 4th gen group would be so reliant on physical sales when their fans are young and native streamers?

I do think this album isn’t as strong as the last, but that’s bc I prefer harder-hitting hip-hop and I think many of their fans are the same. I still think in general Stray Kids are a huge force to watch in the coming years that may surprise a lot of people with their impact. They just need the label to actually make smart choices and not just randomly switch concepts bc that’s what “you do in K-Pop!”

• You make It seem like they 'declined' drastically. It was like 300k less on Spotify and around 200k less on Youtube only, iirc. And It still better than any other male group not named BTS 💀

yt jyp used ads even during 1st day because views were really low

without ad it will be around 7.5-8M

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They’re obviously really popular and can sell out tons of shows in the USA and will have another #1 album in US with sales bigger than BP and Twice.

they should thank scalpers for that

Fehp5atXwAAC1_8?format=jpg&name=medium

about album it's just because of mass shipment at 1 st week

Blackpink will sell more albums in long run

Even floptxt sold more albums

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• the concert is still 2023 lol still a long time. people will buy tix closer to the date when they are cheaper.

• yt jyp used ads even during 1st day because views were really low

*because Stray Kids only get 3 days of tracking for music shows and Youtube changed its view counting algorithm again, after the back-to-back BTS and Blackpink cbs. If you pay attention to the progression of their likes every comeback, the algorithm change is clear as day.

Even floptxt sold more albums

TXT sold 8 US distributed versions, 5 of which were cheaper. Stray Kids only had three normal priced versions of Oddinary, one of them being limited. TXT are also getting restocked much more often than SKZ, US stays have been begging for months and it's still out of stock in many Walmarts and Targets.

they should thank scalpers for that

Stays are waiting for resellers to lower their prices from the several thousands of dollars they're currently selling some tickets for. Same thing happened last time. All of their US stops in the latest leg of the tour ended up selling out.

bc I prefer harder-hitting hip-hop

Have we listened to the same album...Maxident has literally more hard hitting songs than Oddinary did??

well case 143 is more pop and bright than their usual main tracks

Is it really?? Maybe slightly brighter and more playful, but the non-bright parts are just hard if not harder than those in Maniac. It's so funny how you can simply dress in pink and sing about love and convince kpop stans that you're doing gp-friendly pop.

probably the best and most reasonable comment i've seen in anons

yes let's acknowledge, the cb might have not outdone their last one except for sales, but why dramatise it??

it still did well & unless you're bts, no one does better?

• they should thank scalpers for that

about album it's just because of mass shipment at 1 st week

Blackpink will sell more albums in long run

that's brave of you when blackpink is in the same boat sales and tour wise...

they are doing the same sized venues as 4th gen groups & there are still many scalpers who are selling tickets for Born Pink. SKZ outsold bp in US & bp underperformed in the us (sales wise), just accept it.

• and they doubled preorders in less than a year — no one compares with BTS but this is the closest growth rate we’ve seen in awhile. very exciting and I’m sure the USA numbers will be impressive too. I am guessing they can do 150k+

Congrats to Straykids. I hope the group can also equal it in streaming, yt views and stadium tours too. Also enter bb hot 100 top 10 too.

• What surprised me the most is that over the last 2 comebacks SKZ are legitimately as big or slightly smaller than Blackpink now. They grown really out of nowhere

• What surprised me the most is that over the last 2 comebacks SKZ are legitimately as big or slightly smaller than Blackpink now. They grown really out of nowhere

maybe for sales & touring they are doing the same numbers

but, bp still outstreams them on spotify & youtube

maybe if they get similar spotify deals, skz could get similar or just better streaming numbers

• i think they're one of the bgs that most potential to reach bts's numbers but this cb showed little growth from their last album. honestly i think the album/tt is simply not that good.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!