People who only stan nugu groups. Are they superior?

• Their stan list are full off nugu groups like Omga X, bugaboo, Trendz, Pixy… Are they superior to Big 4 fans because they actually stan for music not success?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Approved the thread.
  • It's better than crying and fighting on the internet on whether my rich faves are #1 or #2 in popularity.

• At least they know what they like and aren’t fighting over dumb achievements. If you’re stanning a nugu you’re probably familiar with tons of groups. So the ones you stan are actually the ones who fit your taste the most, not just the most popular that you happened to find first.

But stanning nugus are also emotionally taxing. You never know when the group will fall apart. Plus they generally have less content due to finical issues. It isn’t for everyone

• I wouldn't say they are superior.

I feel like people who stan nugus and people who stan popular groups are equal.

• You can stan any groups and be respectful. I suppose for big4 fans, the uglier ones will overwhelm the relaxed ones, but that makes sense as they have more people anyways...

• If they just stan nugu groups then they don't stan because of the music, they stan because they want to listen to what is not mainstream so they really are not...

But for those who are only nugu stans and actually support the group I support them wholeheartedly even tho they can be annoying ^^

• some nugus have a more interesting or better song because it is their only way to fight in this industry.
    if they made the same sound as the big 4 groups, they will get bashed by the company stans, saying they are copying the sounds. People who stan nugu are usually love their songs, followed by their concepts or aesthetics.

Visual usually come last because lets be honest that nugu's visual is subpar compared to big 4 visuals

• Nugu groups can release a good song from time to time but they don't have better music in general. Their music mostly sucks because their nugu company lacks resources and connections. Same goes for MV, production quality, choreo, styling and basically everything. Usually non of the members stand out or has any star power either. Majority, if not all, ended up in nugu groups because big and mid tier companies turned them down. And the saddest part is that even if they blow up with a good song or viral moment, they fall off immediately because the company has no idea how to keep them successful.

People who only stan nugus probably do so to feel superior and edgy but I don't see any valid reason why someone who likes nugu groups wouldn't like groups from big companies as well.

• yes.

you are staying away with being in the who is top 1 discussion and being less dumb for achievement.

• It's better than crying and fighting on the internet on whether my rich faves are #1 or #2 in popularity.

Except nugu fans are often there making little jibes about how trash the most popular groups are and making obscure references that only 5 other people could get. They're like weird cheese or wine connoisseurs, except for mostly bad pop music.

• I don’t think they’re superior because people can stan big groups for many of the same reasons (they like the music, performances and personality) but I give them credit for their dedication - information for these groups is harder to find, esp if you don’t speak Korean, their comebacks are less frequent and erratic and it can all crumble with no notice for no reason.

• no. No one is more superior for their musical tastes.

• Well, it weeds out the success stans who're mostly using their alleged bias to put groups against each other in a cage fight setting or world championship fake situation.

But for the rest, it's just differences in musical tastes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!