BLACKPINK 'HARD TO LOVE' FULL GROUP VERSION! FOR REAL YG WHY?

• SO YOU ARE TELLING ME THERE'S A BLACKPINK VERSION OF THE SONG INSTEAD OF A FULL ROSÉ SOLO

WHY YG DECIDED TO GO FOR ROSÉ ONLY? THE SONG IS JUST TOO GOOD AND IF THERE'S A FULL VERSION WHY IT WASN'T ADDED

CAN SOMEONE GIVE A REAL REASON WHY THIS IS HAPPENING?

"

Park was also instrumental in choosing another standout, “Hard To Love,” for the album. Arguably, Blackpink’s most vulnerable song to date, the disco-tinged anthem finds the quartet baring their flaws.

“When it feels too good, I just **** it up,” Jisoo, Jennie, Rosé and Lisa belt on the chorus. “So don’t fall too hard, ‘cause I’m hard to love.” Quite the striking sentiment after taking into consideration the aspirational quality that informs the music and aesthetic of K-pop.

Songwriter-entrepreneur Freddy Wexler conjured “Hard To Love” during a jam session with friends. He sent the demo to Park and was surprised to hear back the very next day.

“I got a FaceTime call and it’s Teddy, Lisa and Rosé” Wexler recalls. While there’s a regimented approach to K-pop, he described “Hard To Love” as an overwhelmingly organic — and fast — process. “I pitched it in June this year,” Wexler says. Over the next month, he would FaceTime with Park and the group, who suggested tweaks. “I would change the key and Blackpink would just sing it back.”"

Blackpink’s Rebel Yell: ‘Pink Venom’ Collaborators on Making the K-Pop Stars’ Liberating and Defiant New Album
    As the reigning queens of K-pop, there’s a lot riding on Blackpink’s sophomore album. The girl group would be forgiven for playing it safe, but they defy…
    variety.com

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Approved the thread.
  • I have a feeling that the girls probably didn't know either

• Rose is YG’s favorite now woohoo that girl deserves it, YG knows she’s musically talented.

• Maybe YG did a mistake and insert the wrong version in this album. That’s why their description of the song was like an OT4 song. That will be the height of YG’s ineptness

• I prefer it as a Rosé solo. It fits her voice and style the most. Lots of groups include solo and unit songs on group albums. No need to make a big deal out of it

• I prefer it as a Rosé solo. It fits her voice and style the most. Lots of groups include solo and unit songs on group albums. No need to make a big deal out of it

if it's an album of 12 tracks it would be okay but we are having 6 new songs and that's a Rosé solo excuse me for being bad for waiting 2 years and recieve the least

• That sounds like it

It’s not, no company would be dumb enough to do that. The pinks are probably okay with a Rose solo being added to the album. Akgaes and some blinks complaining but if the pinks are okay with it, who cares.

• if it's an album of 12 tracks it would be okay but we are having 6 new songs and that's a Rosé solo excuse me for being bad for waiting 2 years and recieve the least

The fandom needs to relax on these topics. We got a Rosé solo. It's great and fits her perfectly. No need to complain.

I wanted more songs too but HTL is better as a Rosé solo

• It’s not, no company would be dumb enough to do that. The pinks are probably okay with a Rose solo being added to the album. Akgaes and some blinks complaining but if the pinks are okay with it, who cares.

the thing is the producers made an interview thinking is an OT4 song but the song released is a solo song actually

that just shows YG changed it

• the thing is the producers made an interview thinking is an OT4 song but the song released is a solo song actually

that just shows YG changed it

Well yeah, YG changed it but I’m 100% sure they all agreed to it being a Rose solo. I do think it’s weird to put a solo for Rose only and not the rest. But iirc CL got a solo in one of 2ne1’s album and GD too. It’s just that they specified it in the tracklist that they were solos. Since there are many akgaes in bp’s fanbase, surely YG wanted to avoid the akgae drama so they kept it hidden until we hear it ourselves.

• it seems to be the sign that she's going to be a pushed member in the future

sad for jisoo

• Maybe YG did a mistake and insert the wrong version in this album. That’s why their description of the song was like an OT4 song. That will be the height of YG’s ineptness

lol I was thinking that too

• I don't even understand YG intentions with this but it does feel unfair to Jisoo.

Rosé surely knows it was going to be the only solo song there and didn't see anything weird about it? It really feels like she saw the opportunity and took it

• I don't even understand YG intentions with this but it does feel unfair to Jisoo.

Rosé surely knows it was going to be the only solo song there and didn't see anything weird about it? It really feels like she saw the opportunity and took it

Maybe the pinks encouraged Rose to go for it? For Jisoo, I think she wants to go the actress route. Good for her, more longevity than a singing career.

• Maybe the pinks encouraged Rose to go for it? For Jisoo, I think she wants to go the actress route. Good for her, more longevity than a singing career.

even if she wants to be an actress, her next 1.5 years is completely booked up by touring. cant imagine jisoo would want to be the only girl singing a cover while everyone else sings their own solo songs in concert

• if it's an album of 12 tracks it would be okay but we are having 6 new songs and that's a Rosé solo excuse me for being bad for waiting 2 years and recieve the least

Cry more

• Well yeah, YG changed it but I’m 100% sure they all agreed to it being a Rose solo. I do think it’s weird to put a solo for Rose only and not the rest. But iirc CL got a solo in one of 2ne1’s album and GD too. It’s just that they specified it in the tracklist that they were solos. Since there are many akgaes in bp’s fanbase, surely YG wanted to avoid the akgae drama so they kept it hidden until we hear it ourselves.

ehh... for 2NE1 all the members got songs on the album. Bom got a solo (you and i), CL and Minzy got a subunit song (please don't go), and Dara got a solo (kiss) ft. CL

• Maybe the pinks encouraged Rose to go for it? For Jisoo, I think she wants to go the actress route. Good for her, more longevity than a singing career.

acting is something she always wanted to try since young but I doubt it's gonna be her main focus, girly is getting more involved in writing songs you can tell she has passion for music and performing for fans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!