"That girl is singing OFF key ON the record"

• is an iconic quote by the legendary Whitney Houston, when talking about 80s pop sensation, Paula Abdul.

Now, to the topic at hand, please feel free to share songs or parts of songs by kpop artists where you feel the same. What I mean, I sometimes hear a kpop song, everything is fine, until it gets to a vocal part in the song that totally ruins the vibe of what was going on - either it's poorly mixed or most likely poorly sung, and it makes me throw the whole song into trash.

I'll give an example:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The whole "you and I is more than like..." part manages to ruin this quick serviceable bop for me.

I feel like I have to mention, this does not apply solely to girl groups, you can give examples of soloist or boygroup songs that give you the same feeling.

Approved the thread.
  • The whole "you and I is more than like..."

Interesting, what turns you off about it? Cause I'm the same, it feels like it's off key

• SNSD - Forever 1

The mixing of the whole song is so awful. I honestly don’t know why SM did it. Their songs and SM songs in general were never this badly mixed before. So weird.

• Wut? With autotune infesting every song in pop, there is not a single note that is ever off key in any official production...unless it's a conscious choice by the producer. You can literally change a recorded pitch to any other pitch known to man with the press of a button.

• Wut? With autotune infesting every song in pop, there is not a single note that is ever off key in any official production...unless it's a conscious choice by the producer. You can literally change a recorded pitch to any other pitch known to man with the press of a button.

and yet Wonyoung manages to sound off

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!