Would Seventeen be more popular with less members

• I know they’re already really popular in Asia but do you think they would have more western popularity or even just more domestic recognition with less members? Thirteen members can feel like too much for fans that are not used to groups that big. I do think everyone in the group rn contributes enough to it that no one feels like a dead weight though

Approved the thread.
  • Yeah I believe so because some members do not stand out without them they'd be all kill.

• Seventeen and Nct are both big groups but guess what, they're both one of the biggest of all time

• Are they not already popular enough being a top 3 boy group right now? My answer is no. The main things I hear about them are their dance and how synchronized they are despite being a large group. They would be losing a major hype factor with less members. Large groups like this are also built to gather as many fans as possible. More members = more fans who have someone that fits their type. This would be another thing Seventeen loses. People also often talk about how "funny/chaotic" they are which they would lose the effect of with a smaller group.

The reason why so many big groups fail is because the companies are bad at organizing and marketing them. Groups like Seventeen, NCT, and Super Junior were able to succeed because of their large numbers AND their company knowing what to do with them. Companies wouldn't invest money in groups like this if large numbers of members only negatively affected groups.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!