RE: Why did Minhyuk from BTOB change his name to Huta?

• OP

He should have called himself "HOTa" because he is so hot.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm just being silly lol

I wouldn't say he "changed his name", it is just a different stage name. (it's kind of like with Suga and Agus D, I guess.)

Well... according to one source:

"it was a name minhyuk used when he was an underground rapper. as far as i remember one of his teachers used it as a pen name and he thought it’s cool so he started posting raps online under huta / heota

in 2012 show champion episode he explained the meaning too. 허타 uses hanja 虛(빌허 bilheo) and 打(칠타 chilta). it has various translations, for example ‘place with no existence’ + 'strike’ and if you want to know more i recommend doing futher reading on hanja to understand it better.

minhyuk however created his own meaning for 허타 'i wish to fill up everyone’s emptiness with the music i make’"

another source says this: (but he is more talking about his first solo album)

He revealed, “In our group, I have a strong ‘friendly’ image. I wanted to show a completely different side of me with this album. In order to make myself look more like a celebrity, I bleached my hair and pierced my ears for the first time in 30 years.”

Minhyuk then explained the meaning behind “Huta” in the album’s name. The singer said, “‘Huta’ is a Sino-Korean word that means ‘to swing into an empty space.’ You know how baseball players countlessly practice swinging their bats into empty spaces? Just like they endure and put effort into their work, the album name suggests that I will also train myself hard.”

BTW found out that Huta is pronounced "heo-tah" and not "hoo-tah".

Some in that thread responded:

to sound cool

he's a 10 year old

His girlfriend told him to

Actually, he is 31, going on 32.

And yes, I told him to, just kidding.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!