YG: What went wrong?

• Their boy groups were digimons and now except Big Bang, can’t enter the charts. Their boy groups do worse in sales than the other 3 companies. Their only girl group Blackpink don’t get comebacks and Aespa has already caught up quick (except in the US). Why are they failing so hard when they once were an untouchable company?

Approved the thread.
  • You were right until the gg part and the aespa has caught up part, when the hell has aespa charted in the us aside of physicals sales?

• Scandals and incompetence. They are still untouchable in gg market though (not because they deserve it however). Not sure what you are smoking to think Aespa caught up with BP everywhere but the US. Spoiler: they haven't anywhere on any shape or form.

• To be honest, I'm quite surprised Knetz weren't just talking when they said they were going to boycott YG after burning sun happened. Aside from Blackpink and the rest of Bigbang, they really started paying YG dust.

Still, to be fair almost all boy groups have fallen off, not just YG's.

As for Blackpink no one is touching them as of yet.

• It was their 2019 downfall. Companies will find it hard to recover from that type of consecutive damage.

• YG was never this untouchable company, kpop fans really like to romanize the past. Even in their prime YG was never #1, SM groups always sold a lot more & had more fans.

It's true that they've been getting even worse though. Many reasons I could think of: Huge candals that destroyed their reputation and alienated potential fans, a really bad management system with their groups barely active, Teddy's not helping their boy groups....

Currently BB is as good as disbanded, BP's future is.. well, honestly even if they renew for some more years, I believe their prime is past as they are a girl group with members approaching 30. In the future, YG will probably transcend into a company with less focus on idols & music.

• i feel this is really unfair to other yg artists. i mean the people causing mess were bigbang but they are doing well while the people who have to endure the aftermath is other innocent yg bgs... :pepe-shrug:

• i feel this is really unfair to other yg artists. i mean the people causing mess were bigbang but they are doing well while the people who have to endure the aftermath is other innocent yg bgs... :pepe-shrug:

Same with B.I. who's doing better than iKon now despite the fact that it was B.I's scandal that ruined iKon in the first place. At this point the YG brand is just too tained to do anything about it.

• lol ,aespa fans are really in their delirium period

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!