Whose sales would decline if we remove photocards and priced albums at $50?

Approved the thread.
  • Every group lmao

Kpop sales 100% driven by pc

• unless you're bts (and to a much lesser extend bp), no one of the kpop acts would even reach 800k-1M in that case. i think many kpop fans don't realise/don't want to acknowledge how insane it is to sell almost 3M of an 50+ dollar album...

if your fave has 5+ (cheap) album versions , you're the last one to talk about increasing/declining album sales.

• also if priced at 50 usd then yeah no group other than bts is cracking a million sales.

• whoever is selling cheap ass albums right now. not just boy groups.

• Everyone not named BTS would find it impossible to crack 1mn sales.

Pledis came out with their nth photocard attraction to boost sales for mediaplay since preorders have just barely crossed 2mn despite the existing 260 photcards.

• I think nct is still going to reach way more than 1m even if the albums are 50 bucks. Let's say they came back only twice a year instead of 362892-47√3673 times -and last year they sold 11m, so i think it's very much possible.

• better question is, whose sales will decline if music show never rank winners. or there's no ranking chart for anything at all.

people will buy albums they actually listen

• I think nct is still going to reach way more than 1m even if the albums are 50 bucks. Let's say they came back only twice a year instead of 362892-47√3673 times -and last year they sold 11m, so i think it's very much possible.

no photocards though

• Some 4th gen groups albums are really really cheap so the big growth would take a hit for all of them. And there’s groups like SVT and NCT that have standard Kpop album prices and are best sellers but their huge sales are coming from bulk buys mostly and a very expensive version would be harder to bulk buy especially when there’s no photocards. Expensive albums affect the sales of even BTS the biggest group in the world let alone less popular groups.

• everyone, specially bgs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!