Jaehyun - Horizon (SM Station: NCT Lab)

• I. Introduction

"Horizon" is a digital single from Jaehyun of the boy group NCT 127, a permanent sub-unit of the boy group NCT . It is the seventh single of SM Station NCT Lab and was released on August 8, 2023. It is Jaehyun's second solo single.

II. Background

SM announced a new project under SM Station to focus around the boy group NCT on January 30, 2022. NCT is unique among K-Pop groups due to the fact that the original concept of NCT is an ever expanding group with "unlimited" members and is comprised of several individual sub-units. There are currently four sub-units: NCT 127, NCT Dream, WayV and NCT U.

NCT Lab includes solo songs, self-composed tracks and sub-unit work outside of the group's albums. This song is the seventh song of the project and features Jaehyun, one of the main vocalists in NCT 127 and NCT U.

Jaehyun featured as the fourth song in the project in 2022. It was announced he would return with another song, which he again co-wrote. He is the sole writer of the lyrics and collaborated with Soul Fish and frequent NCT producer Deez on the music and arrangement.

He said his inspiration for the song came from "the day that I mostly thought about while writing the song was a day that was really cloudy and gloomy. I was on a schedule to another place, so I rode an airplane and once I went up beyond the clouds, it was really calm and bright."

He filmed the music video during breaks in his appearance in Italy for Milan Fashion Week in his role as global brand ambassador for Prada.

The song is in Korean and English. This was his second solo song release.

III. Tracklist

TitleLyricsMusicArrangementLength
    "Horizon"JaehyunJaehyun, DEEZ, Soul FishDEEZ, Soul Fish3:42
    "Horizon (Instrumental)"-Jaehyun, DEEZ, Soul FishDEEZ, Soul Fish3:42

IV. Spotify

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

V. Videos

Teaser:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

MV:

Behind the Scenes:

VI. Concept Photos

VII. Reception

The song reached #38 on the Korean Circle Chart.