Ahn Hyo-seop

• I. Introduction

Ahn Hyo-seop is a South Korean actor and singer. He is a member of the project group One O One formed by Starhaus Entertainment. He gained recognition for his main roles in the Korean dramas Still 17 (2018), Abyss (2019), and Dr. Romantic 2 (2020).

II. Career

Hyo-seop was born in Seoul, South Korea, but moved to Toronto, Canada. He returned to South Korea by himself when he was 17. He graduated from Kookmin University in the Department of International Business.

He almost debuted with GOT7 after being scouted by JYP and traning under it.

On October 1, 2015, Starhaus Entertainment launched the project group One O One, releasing their debut single "Love You". The group consisted of Ahn together with fellow Starhaus actors Kwak Si-yang, Song Won-suk and Kwon Do-kyun. However, the group presumably disbanded due to inactivity since January 2019.

In 2016, he appeared on the variety show Celebrity Bromance with Jackson Wang, who is a very good friend of his.

His popularity rose after his first ever lead role in Queen of the Ring and My Father is Strange in 2017. He then transited to lead roles thereafter and starred in Still 17 For his performance, he was a best new actor award he was nominated in the "Character of the Year" category at the 2018 SBS Drama Awards alongside Jo Hyun-sik and Lee Do-hyun. Later in the same year, Ahn acted in the drama Top Management which aired on Youtube Red.

In 2019, Ahn played alongside Park Bo-young in the romantic comedy fantasy crime drama Abyss.

In 2020, Ahn starred in the second season of the hit medical drama Dr. Romantic, playing general surgeon Seo Woo-jin with Lee Sung-kyung as his leading lady. The show was a success, with both Ahn and Lee keeping their promise of singing for the fans as it crossed the double-digit mark for ratings. His performance in the drama earned him the Best New Actor award in television at the 56th Baeksang Arts Awards. He also received an Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries Action Drama from SBS Drama Awards.

In 2021, Ahn will star in the sageuk drama Red Sky which will air on August 2021 with Kim Yoo-jung. In June 2021, Ahn confirmed that he would be starring in the drama adaptation of A Business Proposal, which will air on the first half of 2022 on SBS.

III. TV Series

Year Title Role Network
    2015 Splash Splash Love

Park Yeon / Che A-jik
    MBC
    2016 One More Happy Ending

Ahn Jung-woo MBC
    2016 Happy Home

Choi Chul-soo MBC
    2016 Entertainer

Ji-noo SBS
    2017 Three Color FantasyQueen of the Ring

Park Se-gun MBC
    2017 My Father is Strange

Park Chul-soo KBS2
    2018 Still 17

Yoo Chan SBS
    2018 Top Management

Hyun Soo-yong Youtube Red
    2019 Abyss

Cha Min tvN
    2020 Dr. Romantic 2

Seo Woo-jin SBS
    2020 Red Sky

Ha Ram SBS
    2022 A Business Proposal Kang Tae-moo SBS

IV. Variety Shows

Year Title Network
    2015 Always CantareSeason 2 tvN
    2016 Celebrity BromanceChuseok Special MBig TV
    2019 4th Asia Artist Awards Money Today

V. Discography

Year Title Album
    2018 "Get Myself With You" S.O.U.L
    2018 "Gravity" S.O.U.L
    2018 "Sugar Cane" S.O.U.L
    2018 "Me In" S.O.U.L
    2018 "I Will Show You" S.O.U.L

VI. Awards

Year Award Ceremony Category Nominated Work
    2017 Asia Artist Awards Rookie Award My Father is Strange
    2018 SBS Drama Awards Best New Actor Still 17
    2019 Asia Artist Awards Choice Award as himself
    2020 Asia Artist Awards Best Actor Award Dr. Romantic 2
    2020 Baeksang Arts Awards Best New Actor – Television Dr. Romantic 2
    2020 SBS Drama Awards Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries Action Drama Dr. Romantic 2

VII. Trivia

- Ahn Hyo-seop has an older brother and an older sister.

– His specialty: Singing, Piano, Violin, Dance

– He is said to look like Nam Joo-hyuk.