Posts by torchik37

^ I have had many friends who were public service workers (as most idols are) and they've had a completely fine time. As the other person mentioned, it's the active duty positions that suck.

And I'm sorry, but being an idol can be torturous. Just look at the toll it takes on their mental health. I feel like a public service worker position is way easier than being an idol where you barely get to sleep and live in fear of being caught off guard.

Vacation? Normal life? Real people? Wow!

The stories people, especially kpop idols, have told about the happenings in military... and you saying this. :S

lol err...there are plenty of people who enjoyed their military service or look back upon it fondly. and there are plenty of idols who found their time there therapeutic compared to their celebrity life. I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's not some horrible, awful place (especially if they're in a cushier unit like the military band, which I'm sure they would be).

I honestly find it funny when fans don't want them to go. The army is literally their ONE vacation from being worldwide mega superstars where they can just live a normal life, not have the media following them, and make friends with real people.

To take that away from them so they can continue slaving away for HYBE is not thinking of their well-being...

Came back here to say that his voice during the "rolling dice" part in the chorus reminds me so much of Jjong's! I feel like they learned so much from each other vocally <3

:eyes:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wait looooool that's....so much higher 😆 I was so sad when everyone ignored Blue but I guess it's just cause it was so sudden and not promoted since he was going to the army!

so far it looks like he will beat Key and Taemin's first week sale

The fandom is going all out in supporting him

Hopefully others will pay attention too with his promotions

really?! omg, that's great to hear! I just want to see him happy T_T I'm glad shawols are putting in the effort! I've been sending the mv to everyone I know hehe

Been replaying since it came out! The album SLAPS--zero skips. I just really hope people pay attention to this. Onew tends to be the most slept on member and it's hard for me to see his hard work not get the attention it deserves.

Can't wait for the live performances! Dancing Jinki <3

Idk why people are acting like Dynamite is the highest quality pop masterpiece that has ever been released. It's an EXTREMELY generic pop song that's autotuned to hell. The only thing that was unique about it was that it was sung ing English by a k-pop group. This doesn't mean it automatically deserves to win--nor do any of it's other "achievments" that ARMY got it by obsessively voting/streaming/buying for every other record. Grammys doesn't look at how many times an obsessive fandom streams the song, sorry.

And bruh, even Ariana, the world's most well-known pop star, hadn't won a Grammy up until this point. I know ya'll think BTS is the most popular, holy figure on the plant, but there are actually bigger artists who have yet to win anything. That being said, it's your right to feel sad, so that's fine--just don't say that BTS were "robbed" lmao.

Lololololol what have you ever followed any chart. Even with chart reform Baekhyun has performed better.

Not just buying album korean streams international streams YouTube every single metric Baekhyun is better. In every way more ppl know Baekhyun more.

In absolutely no metric does taemin have anything over Baekhyun. Those are just the facts. Lol.

Arbitrary “ask on the streets” when we have actual numbers to prove that no one cares.

It’s so funny your response you couldn’t comeback with one single metric to justify your points. Lol.

Okay, so by your standards, I guess BTS are the best performers in all of Korea! Right?? Because numbers and charts prove everything! If popularity and numbers indicate who's the best performer, then BTS is undoubtedly better than Baek, Taemin, EXO, Shinee, and everyone else.

Second of all, this thread is stupid, regardless. There is no OBJECTIVE best performer. If I think female voices are better, maybe I'll think Solar is the best soloist performer. If I think R&B songs and dances are superior, maybe I'll think Hyorin is the best soloist performer. If I like the sound of Candy, maybe I'll think Baek is the best performer. No one is OBJECTIVELY the best performer. I literally came into the thread to say that Taemin is at a similar level of performance as Baek, not even that he's BETTER.

Please use your brain, critical thinking skills, and eyes to pause and think "objectively".

Baekhyun is a much better performer than taemin is a singer no two ways about it. It’s in fact abundantly clear after their solos.

The only delusional one here is you. One look at the likability of their solos will tell you that.

Yikes...well I guess we have to fight now. Taemin’s solos are known by the whole industry, constantly covered, and legendary.

If you think any of Baek’s solos are as well known by the public (and industry in general) as Taemin’s, then you really are delulu. 😂 Ask people on the street to listen to some Taemin songs and Baekhyun songs and see who’s are identified more (hint: Taemin by a mile). And don’t say “but sales numbers!”. Yes, there are a lot of EXO fans and yes, they buy a lot of albums. Congrats.

ANYWAY, I don’t want to fight with fellow SM stans, when I like EXO and Baek myself, so feel free to have your belief that Baek has the most iconic solo career in the industry. 😂😂😂 Y’all do make me laugh, thank you for that.

"delulu"? You're being kinda rude for a thread about appreciating Baek. While I agree all of SHINee are wonderful performers, OP was annoyed you ruined their thread, so you don't have to call them "delulu". And for the record, Baek is the only Baek, and a perfect idol at that.

I mean, I'm coming into a thread literally titled "why baekhyun is OBJECTIVELY better than the rest of idols", soooooo yea, I kinda do have to call them delulu. I agree, Baek is the only Baek, and a great performer and I love him too. More power to you if you stan. Making a thread comparing him to and saying he's better than all other idols was the rude move, so feel free to take that up with OP. :)

So.... my point is the industry has seen so many taemins and keys but never a baekhyun

I don't think other idols reach Taemin/Key's level of dancing and vocals combined....................and since you wanna go there, how bout Hyorin? :) Same vocal level (if not higher) as Baek and also amazing at dancing! So I guess there has been a Baekhyun!!!! :p

lol let me edit this: I thought this was a genuine discussion thread and didn't even come here to attack, but I've realized now that it's just a Baek appreciation stan thread so........you're free to have your delulu opinions, don't let me rain on your parade.