Posts by monamon

Honestly in some order

1) A decent number of new songs - I can't get into IVE or NMIXX or BP because I primarily want music from the groups I stan

2) Playing to the group's strengths - I would be disappointed if SKZ came out with a ballad album, or generic pop singles, or if Dreamcatcher came out with a cute album

3) Not repeating things - I don't need every album to be super unique, but I find it disappointing when artists re-reference past works rather than moving on. Like, I love Stray Kids' Clé trilogy, but I don't want Clé 4, ever.

4) Physical only is just. Annoying. It definitely kills my hype.

5) I want promotions! I think music shows/videos/behind the scenes stuff is great.

6) I LOVE when the idols "spoil" things beforehand - things like Stray Kids giving crytic foreshadowing, TXT members trolling or Mirae members joking about point dances, as it all helps build up hype. On the other hand, I love it when the fanbase is surprised by the releases to some extent too - not everything is given away, but everyone being hyped about the hints in the teasers and the new b-sides is lovely.

Honestly rather disappointed overall.

There are things I'm excited about (new songs, Tony Montana, Born Singer), but the parts I dislike are more overwhelming and numerous.

CD3 being physical only, CD2 being. A bunch of random picks slotted together with no coherency, Stay being included while so many better bsides were not, etc.

(And like, I'm sure the members had reasons for picking the songs they did, but they don't really show off their strengths as artists imo)