Posts by Kataphract

Tbh Baddie was released too close to Off The Record and Either way. Just imho

Either way felt like it came from their hearts, (it feels especially heavy after seeing the Behinds) and I felt it needed the proper moment of silence and respect for it to really sink in.

Honestly though superyeah I think Off The Record doesn't necessarily detract from Either Way. Although they're similar and released close together, one often is recommended after the other in my experience and in my mind has become sister songs. Either Way is just the more serious and emotionally heavy one of the two. Still, I feel suddenly Baddie dropping feels a little too insincere esp. after Either Way.

(if I were to be really greedy, Either way is at a quality that makes it deserve a full album of tracks to support the whole concept)

How much do admins get paid :pepe-narrow-eyes:

some dont. the income here is low enough that "volunteer forces" could partly apply.

well the last but of info on this subject i have is from last year and things like website revenue is likely to have changed since then

edit: nvm ref ves's replyhere, that's the most accurate

when are anons gonna come back

I know they were kicked for a good reason

but how about a frame shift: Confessions thread. It has to be centered around a personal topic. That being said it still has the ability to be abused so maybe mods can check who posted it?

I have played off and on since the game released. I sat in legendary before they put out the new rank system. I just got back into the game less than a week ago at the bottom of Pro. Now I am master 2. I have essentially no movement, play with a loadout from when I started the game several years ago, and my aim is terrible. So why does it still feel like I'm walking up the ranked ladder with no resistance? I win 3 of 4 games on average, currently on a 5 win streak. I have MVP about 20% of the time on average. But I overall feel like I'm not really doing much to get the wins.

No idea but

1. SBMM skill based match making must have no idea where you are or starting you low (since the rankings reset every season, it takes time for the lower performing to filter out and for you to filter up) Also you never get any matchups harder than what your last recorded elo was which is reset every season so you might be on an easy road until SBMM algo sets you in a good place.
    2. Good players left people are still people and sometimes need to set down games for growing responsibilities. It stands to reason some good players have left due to life circumstances.
    3. You're cracked and you don't know. tbh you'd have to compare your stat rankings, esp accuracy and K/D/A as well as Win/Loss stats.
    4. It's building up. You're getting easy matchups but eventually it's going to catch up to you. There's going to be that day where every match is a loss.

I think people, especially americans, tend to forget that Korean society is generally homogenous with all the implications that come with that. I've seen that raised individualists have a really hard time adapting to other societies especially east asian collectivist societies.

Imma say it idols like somi, ryujin, etc look better when they're not "kpop featherweight"

Isa rocks the balanced look really well and Somi did too during birthday.

There's no need to feign neutrality; everyone knows Israel is a strategic ally of the US, and is so for good reason, even if you don't agree with all of their practices. If we even attempted to be "neutral," everyone would see right through it.

As for Israel seeing people as humans, they're not a Nazi ethnostate. 20% of the population of Israel proper is Arab. They manage to live there peacefully. It's only the neighboring Arabs who continue to engage in acts of war who beget more violence. They have too much pride to accept peace despite being woefully outgunned. Israel has offered to negotiate multiple times, all denied. What else can you resonably expect?

1. yes they are basically a US asset. Fair point.
    2. your second paragraph is basically saying "I can't be racist I have a black friend" but on a country level. Just go to amnesty int'l and search israel and you're hit with hundreds if not thousands of articles regarding human rights violations on individual cases.

Palestine isn't clean either but just comparing the number of incidents is already on an order of magnitude difference.
    https://www.amnesty.org/en/search/palestine

Granted, the UN itself seems to like to flip flop on the matter but it's undeniable that Israel isn't as clean as you'd like to think.

Palestinian protests in Israel seem to have little value in Israel governance, and time has shown again and again, revolution follows if the government is deaf -- and the people are willing to take up arms over it. Well, to be fair it'd be called a civil war if it failed. Or "terrorist actions suppressed by counter insurgency" if the PR team was skilled enough.

To be clear I don't agree at all with hamas or their methods, especially since there were several attempts to diplomatically talk it through, but If Israel made an offer they couldn't refuse, it would be less fighting than trying to shut them out at all costs.

Yes, let Netanyahu off his leash so he can start dropping nukes on Iran. You really didn't think that one through, did you? We already know exactly how they fare on their own; they've already defeated literally all of their neighbors in war. And that was without our help.

Point taken but Veto shielding for this long hasn't done well for their neighborly instincts either, has it. I wonder if Biden will move the embassy back to where it was and start maintaining a better neutrality. Or even Audit Israel's practices to have governmental investigative truth to rely on to have a politically strong argument to withhold support or other actions.

Edit: Retracted a couple statements. They were made in poor taste. Edited some parts that were left behind to ensure message flow and clarity.

Continuing: I wonder when Israel would start seeing fellow humans as fellow humans. It stands to reason that if you normalize and assimilate, there is far more prosperity to be had than bitterly fighting it out over historical or repeated grudges. Violence begets violence.

I hope whoever these people are rake it to heart and back off. Let's give the idols some space.

I hope so too or else face the full extent of the law.

I guess what's frustrating is that as stars are rising, that doesn't mean that their security in a general sense grows as well unlike kings or queens of old or bigwigs of today's society. Idols are in the thick of it but have to deal with these growing issues.

As a fan, I wish I can chip in. I really do.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Man as a fan I always really dislike seeing this because not only do I know that someone is hassling my ult, I as a fan can't do anything about it either and at most I can only sit on my thumbs and hope that the label, security, or the local police does something.

I hope nothing comes of this one tbh - as in the guy just quit after

but another part of me hopes he/she/they gets slapped with a lawsuit or a reality check on what they're doing because invading personal space is NOT ok.

AleXa Fighting!!!

Énumération interessante pour ceux qui ne résident pas en Corée! On comprend mieux sans valider bien sûr.

TBH if you're looking to forums for accurate news sourcing you've gone to the wrong place. This be a discussion thread, not a news article, go to the Articles side of this website if you wanted some sourced articles.

Better yet: I found an article you can go read for yourself if you wanted.

Police called to IU’s home and label following death threats
    Police were called to IU’s home and label office after serious death threats were made against the star, EDAM Entertainment has said.
    www.nme.com

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Goddamn like when can we catch a break from shtty people

the US should stop veto-shielding israel for a year, see how much they can continue to act out.

As an american I think the us played sugar daddy for too long; it's time to let the leash go and see how they fare on their own for a hot minute. Being a shit neighbor is one thing but its another to stoke the flames and act the victim when you get burned for it.

The exemption laws have little to do with how much money one brings in to south korea tho. (If it was then how could anyone argue against that samsung family and their heirs for the next 10 generations should not be exempt by default from birth? After all samsung is literally >20% of south koreas gdp )

That said, having exemptions base on "honor/glory" as now is just as dumb. I agree with the top comments, there should be no exemptions other than for valid health reasons if there is mandatory military service.

the archaic laws bite again

cue the electric boogaloo meme.