Posts by h28

I think male idol soloists are less proeminent than female soloists for the same reasons boygroups are less popular among the GP than girlgroups.

The GP seems to not really be interested in male idols nowadays and they usually don't have big album sales to make up for it the way boygroups do.

One MX member went on fancafe to point out that one single time he might have not said the name properly. I understand his frustration and it might have been joke for him but honestly I wish he had thought about the consequences before complaining about his prononciation on fancafe like this because it might have encourage his fans to go after Daniel...

I am surprised reading this thread. Ladida is for me one of the best 2020 kpop release (it is personally my favorite) so hearing that such a good song made Evergloow lose fans instead of gaining them is kind of shocking.

Imagine releasing good music and getting punished for it...

This isnt blackface if the intention for painting their face isnt to reproduce a black colored skin.

Here they just wanted to reproduce a black mask (i dont know why they didnt just use masks tho, would have been easier for them but well).

It is because a lot of kpop fans seem to think their faves' success is theirs and enjoy bragging about it in ways that, a lot of times, gets pretty obnoxious.

So when their faves underperform some people jump on the occasion to point it out because they know it will hurt their pride.

I dont see how teenager girls were being disrespected with this joke. Assuming that they wouldnt be interested in a political event if it wasnt for BTS isnt related to their genders but to the fact that they are teenagers and that teenagers arent usually into Politics. Now we can argue over it being true or not but thats another debate.

The assumption that a fandom would be made out of teenager girls is more related to the fact that boysbands are designed and marketed to attract this demographic in particular. I dont think there would have been this much outrage if instead of BTS we were talking about, lets say, barbie dolls and what was implied was that only little girls are into them. Thats a common assumption because barbie dolls are marketed for this specific demographic.

Also it is pretty much a given that kpop boygroups attractiveness is based on a lot more than just the music. It is a package of a lot of things. Music is part of it but visual, fanservice and other forms of entertainment they might get involved in also are. Now you might be into it for your own reasons but thinking that part of their fans are not necessarly there for the music is not completly an absurdity.

Now I understand the frustration of being a grown ass woman and having your interest being systematically labeled as a teenager girl interest. It seems that people arent aware that there might be more to BTS than just being a product intended only for a younger audience. But once again in that case BTS (and boygroups in general) are the ones being stereotyped here.