Ramen luvers

• I want to try those super duper awesome korean ramen. What are your recipes?

I tried the spicy cup noodle and i nearly puked. it smelled so bad and how anyone could enjoy it is beyond me. I watched the “which celebrity has the best ramen recipe” and they all looked good. I’m definitely trying Chenle’s recipe and maybe Hwasa.

I love spicy noodles though (just not that one). What’s your fav ramen brand? What is the secret ingredient that makes your ramen bomb? Anything sweet and spicy?

<3

:merongk:

• ooh how does that even work?

Takes a whole day just to make a broth and then the next day you have to make noodles(and depending on the toppings you may have to make it a week before)

When I'm with you, a magical thing happens

• Yo, I was gonna make this thread down to the buzzfeed video and Chenle's recipe looking bomb, but I got too lazy. Great minds :pepe-use-head:

I have 2 recipes I use depending if I want a clear/spicy broth or a creamy one. I recently adapted my first one because of Chenle's recipe. I use tomato paste instead of fresh tomatoes, similar to the way I would make an Italian tomato sauce. I'm not a Lao Gan Ma fan, so I use AGV chili oil (in the soup) and S&B Crunchy Garlic Chili Oil (on my ramen eggs on the side, because you lose the crispiness of the garlic if you put it in soup). Those are definitely my secret ingredients.

s-l400.jpgumami_gazou.png

My Spicy Ramen Recipe w/medium-soft boiled egg:

Ingredients
    Eggs
    Butter
    Green onions (save the green part for garnish)
    Carrots
    Bok choy (save the leaves for later)
    Garlic
    Tomato Paste
    Chili Oil (I like AGV and S&B brands)
    Instant Ramen (I like Nongshim, I usually use Soon Veggie)
    1. Boil water for eggs.
    2. Mince veggies. I like them in tiny pieces.
    3. Add eggs to boiling water for 7.5-9 minutes. Sometimes I take them out at different times to have a variety of yolk textures. Let cool in cold water. Crack the shells to help water get underneath the shell. They’ll be easier to peel later.
    4. Heat up pot on low, add butter.
    5. Add green onion (white parts), carrots, bok choy stems, and garlic. Save the bok choy leaves for the end since they cook fast, and green parts of the green onion for garnish. Heat veggies on low for a while.
    6. Add tomato paste. Cook for about a minute, the color of the tomato paste should turn a shade darker.
    7. Add water, flavor packet, veggie packet, and chili oil (AGV brand). Bring to a boil.
    8. Peel eggs, slice in half vertically, place in small bowl, and add S&B Crunchy Garlic Chili Oil on top of each half. Set aside.
    9. Drop bok choy leaves and ramen noodles in boiling soup.
    10. Put ramen into bowl just before the noodles are done. They’ll continue cooking before you get to eat it.
    11. Garnish with chopped green onions and eat with the eggs on the side.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• My creamy ramen is more chicken noodle soup-inspired. I’m vegetarian, so I use this Better Than Bullion No Chicken Base

BTB_Package_8oz_Vegetarian_NoChicken.png

Creamy Chicken Ramen

Ingredients
    Butter
    Green onions (chopped, save green tops for garnish)
    Carrots (finely chopped)
    Celery (finely chopped)
    Chicken-flavored soup base (or just chicken flavored ramen)
    Instant Ramen Packet
    Egg
    1. Heat pan to medium low, melt butter.
    2. Add finely chopped carrots, celery, and green onion whites. Saute until theres a bit of color.
    3. Add water, soup base, and veggie packet.
    4. Add ramen noodles.
    5. Add egg and mix it in.
    6. Put in bowl just before noodles are done so they’re perfect by the time you eat it.
    7. Garnish with green onions.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!