Fans notice IU's new song release timing avoids chart competition

• source: NB

netizen buzz, korean pop,korean drama, korean media, korean entertainment, korean news, kpop, kdrama, netizens, comments, reactions, translations
    netizenbuzz.blogspot.com

AVvXsEgH2c7uIl-pGNySqm1GXNlWSn7-JL2f5kmAjl8O-g0MveO76tjEE7yAMxgivvWl-LWl0mqe79H6Eallba9vXBTA7Dxc1wF7VgPK_dLOrGyCVYgEbwVNzEd_SnlwI2XbPjHXC8LRYzbPdHSOL4IfDS2At1tvDPHwT152C-xMEKyIiox1bpDa8H4AnrvD=s16000

Article: IU releases song at 'midnight' when analytics won't reflect it on the live charts

Source: Insight via Instagram

1. [+741] I think she's made so much money now that she's just choosing to enjoy herself. She's reached the best point in life... when you can do what you want to do and still make money and recognition. She's truly a singer you only get once in 100 years.

2. [+456] She has character, talent, respect... the one top of our nation

3. [+327] She's free to release her songs whenever she wants because she's made as much money as she needs... ㅠㅠ

4. [+136] What is she even bad at?

5. [+65] IU the God

6. [+43] I'm just going to stay up and listen to it..

7. [+23] I'm sure it's because she has the capacity to make decisions like this but her mindset is so different from the rest... 👍

8. [+16] The live chart rankings are only important to people who are desperate for rankings with songs that no one wants to listen to. Any song IU releases will have people flocking to it no matter the time ㅎㅎㅎ

9. [+31] Her old agency Loen made a ton of money off of the Melon rankings, and they still are now. Someone had to be the change and IU's doing it.

10. [+4] She's rich, has the capacity for such decisions, and many already know of her great character. She's at a point in her career where she doesn't need to care about whether her songs get #1 or not, everyone already knows she's talented 👏

11. [+4] Money's money but she's also at a point where she doesn't need to care about competition. She has her own name value. I think it's great that influential people like her are attempting to change the industry, even if nothing changes.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• Message from IU to UAENA

Many uaenas seem to be worried about the song being released at midnight cos of the scores (charts), but to be honest.. I hope our uaenas won’t be too stressed cos of the charts. I just hope you’ll enjoy listening to the song if you like it. I wish that you’ll go to bed in a good mood after listening to the song.

That’s really all I ask of uaenas this time 🙂

Sometimes.. I feel that it’s a pity that even though they are my scores (charts), uaenas seem to be more concerned and more stressed than me.

For me, at this point, it might be difficult to do even better on the charts in future. I think of it as something only natural. Because I’ve honestly already enjoyed a lot 🙂

[...]

I’m honestly fine if some day, I become a singer that is not as popular, as long as uaenas listen to my songs!

I might have even more freedom than I do now, to be able to do more different genres of music. It’s just you guys 🥰 so you don’t need to feel sad from worrying about me!! In case you’re not just worried about my feelings, I’ll work harder to make songs that people will like, to the best of my abilities, so don’t worry about that either!! This time, don’t worry about anything and just enjoy the song.

[FROM.IU] 211018 It’s been a month 🥰 - 3:30am
    [FROM.IU] 211018 It’s been a month 🥰 - 3:30am Since it’s late at night, I’m going to use informal speech 🌚 Uaena-ya, are you asleep? I’m lying down cos I’m…
    iu-jjang.tumblr.com

• While the advent of new starts are well detected and analyzed, the fading is not.

Seems she is mentally ready for it, and why not, not much left to achieve. Just more of the same.

Different music experimental, longer breaks between releases - would be good.

Today it might be unimaginable for her songs not to chart well. But time wins over all.

Still I want her to beat one more record, of Cho Young Pil and get a SOTY when she is 63.

• I might be too late for this article but it's IU. At this point of her career, anytime she releases the song it will climb to #1 on the chart for sure. Korean really like IU's song so much

• I might be too late for this article but it's IU. At this point of her career, anytime she releases the song it will climb to #1 on the chart for sure. Korean really like IU's song so much

Too late indeed.

And since releasing Strawberry moon at midnight, she also released Pieces an EP with 10 years worth of B-side rejects, already sung in many concerts, all simple melodies, no bops/mvs, released with barely any promotion, and still the title took Gaon #1 and is doing decently well on the charts, though not comparable to her commercial, well promoted release like Lilac.

It is not that Koreans will like all of IU's songs, but they certainly seem willing to check out her songs upon release and give an immediate listen, compared to others.

Strangely that does not work if she is only a vocalist and has no other input, like with "Mother Nature H2O"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!