3 years ago the members of the BiS league released their final single "Against the pain"

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this is one of my favorite Wack releases ever, particularly the BiS2nd version (first video)

at the very start of the video they get killed by a truck, yet while its gritty and angsty is also funny and wholesome,

even within Wack all the members of BiS were such outcasts, but that was one of their charms!

something i love about this video is how is full of obscure references to the members, see this picture, just a girl standing funny right?

rjcg51j.png

well that outfit is the same she was wearing the day she joined Wack, and the pose, during the audition she was asked to showcase her talents and she decided to do an impression of the leaning tower of pisa,

there is too much to list here but i think the video works really well to showcase the members personalities,

wBJk3CB.gif

BiS1st version is good too! i feel bad about making comparisons between the groups but i think 1st was trying to make their songs more "public friendly",

that isn't bad, just different takes, personally i always liked 2nd better

and to give some more background on them,

in early 2018 BiS (known at the time as the "reformed" BiS) split into 2 groups, BiS1st and BiS2nd and they established and new system called the "BiS league"

the short lived BiS league was inspired by AKB48's Senbatsus, after the release of every single they would hold an election, buying a copy of the singles would award you with the right of a vote, the 4 members with the most votes would be promoted to BiS1st and the bottom 6 would become members of BiS2nd, they held 3 elections before the league was abolished in December of the same year

the league was also controversial for several reasons

for starters Watanabe would meddle in the elections (nulling votes for no reason, promoting / demoting members regardless of results, etc)

something ironic (and probably the main factor in abolishing the league) was that BiS2nd, that was composed of the less popular members, was the more popular of the groups, probably because they were 6 vs 4 and the gap between members was small

if anyone is interested about where the members are today

• Mewclub joined MEME TOKYO
    • Hana joined ARCANA PROJECT
    • Pan Luna joined HO6LA
    • Yuina joined WAgg

Ubu, Aya, Muropanako became solo artists

Kika started a business "KIKA'S bar"

Go zela and Nel Nehru retired from the public eye

VldUb9d.jpg

75bxdZY.jpg

• Against The Pain is one of my absolute favorite songs from BiS

if anyone is interested about where the members are today

Mewclub joined MEME TOKYO
    Hana joined ARCANA PROJECT
    Pan Luna joined HO6LA
    Yuina joined WAgg

Ubu, Aya, Muropanako became solo artists

Kika started a business "KIKA'S bar"

Go zela and Nel Nehru retired from the public eye

Just to add to this Kika has basically retired too

and Goji had a baby

• Against The Pain is one of my absolute favorite songs from BiS

Just to add to this Kika has basically retired too

and Goji had a baby

that's honestly surprising, it has only been 2 years since she retired so she probably was already in a relationship while in BiS (iirc there is no dating ban)

i knew Kika took down her SNS a while ago, her bar probably when under because of the Covid lock down...

last time we heard anything about Nel Nehru was during her birthday in 2019, Muropanako posted some tweets talking about her, but that was in her previous (now deleted) twitter account,

and back in June after Her Knuckle disbanded Muropanako when back to her hometown in Hokkaido but just a few weeks ago she came back with new music

External Content twitter.com

• interesting thread wil l come back later to check the videos.

makes me sad how they got their wings clipped so soon, i still recall how they were in a massive upward trajectory, their first release as a single group sold 100k+ copies and even got a gold certification, the members were gaining Twitter followers like crazy, the whole WACK fandom was overtaken by them

sometimes i wonder, if the disbanding never happened were would they be today? probably would rival their older sisters "BiSH" in success

-

BiS2 releases are always fun! i recommend checking "Are you ready?" too, it was their first and final release as a single group

they wrote the song as a tribute to Freddie mercury (that's the reason for both the length and the intro), is pure BiS craziness, each "act" is so different from each other, one just can wonder how they got away with it!

it was the ED song of the Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS anime

• yearly "i'm still listening to BiS2" post

i really love "Against the pain", i feel it gets better every year

individually there is a lot of stuff happening with the ex members but as a whole there aren't many interactions between them these days

they still met every now and then, most recently last month

and Mewclub (MEME TOKYO) and Pan Luna (HO6LA) did this cover a few weeks ago

plus some other stuff, i always complaint how i miss them but i always forget to bookmark a lot of things, i should prepare better for next year

If BiS2 has million number of fans i am one of them

if BiS2 has ten fans i am one of them

if BiS2 have only one fan then that is me

if BiS2 has no fans, that means i am no more on the earth

if world against theBiS2, i am against the world

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!