My take on "why KPOP companies debut small GG's (3/4/5 members)"

• I thought I will wrap it up for you, so here are all things that you miss when companies debut GG's with 3/4/5 members:

Company is saving on:

- accomodation and living cost - Idols are people, they need to eat, as well as use water (bath)/energy (electronic devices)/other supplies

- outfits, styling,

- individual sets in MV's

- album production cost - here comes everything from time in studio, through making photographies, and printing photocards, photobooks, etc.

- travel expenses - pretty obvious

Additional things:

- don't need to hire tons of people to work with them - group with 4 members can have just 1 manager, 1 driver, less security,

- if group would flop or some members have conflict it's easier to disband them - CEO can always say that this was experimental group debuted between 'bigger' (by number of members) group debuts, but apparently format failed and they couldn't attract public

- same with contract extension if three members want to continue and sign renewal, but one doesn't want it, then all is for company to decide about their future because 3/4 never would be 4/4

- you can do MV which is 120 seconds long and still say that screentime was equal and lines were distributed well so fans shouldn't complain

- medical & health - also less 'demanding' when group is smaller

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!