Little Mix Wasabi Review

• This is just a review I did of Little Mix's Wasabi a while ago.

Check out the song:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The chorus is really nice. Harmonizations are on point as usual and it brings the usual little mix sound.

Sjsjdks Imma have to search up their names :peperun:

The instrumental at the beginning is fairly minimalistic but it does it’s part well and makes the song sound complete.

Is that a triangle I hear in the beginning??? It’s really nice. It lets all the attention go to Jade's opening but it plays an important role in the sound too. The higher pitch compared to Jade is nice too. The lyrics are good and the title goes well. :oks:

The drums come in smoothly and I love the way it sounds with the triangles and Jade!

Ok now Jesy comes in with her first verse. I love her delivery, she absolutely nails the sassiness of the lines without sounding like valley girl or something. The increased tempo of her part helps too. The uh ohs during Jesy's part are great. I love the higher harmonies contrasting with Jesy's lower sassier part.

Then the chorus starts. Both Leigh-Anne and the harmonies kill it. The sassier Adlibs also go well with the song and it’s theme. The sound of the chorus (not including adlibs) brings the terrific little mix sound. Meanwhile the adlibs season the song with the new flavor they brought to the table with wasabi.

Then right after the first chorus… BANG

There comes the guitar!

HEAD BANGING ALL THE WAY

Jesy's “all the ugly things you say” line is short but impactful. I love the twist she gives it at the end when she slightly switches up her tone and love the vibrato too! With “come and say em to my face” she switches back to her sassy delivery from earlier. At the end of that line there’s a little breathiness. Then there’s silence. Utter silence. No vocals, no instrumentals. For a whole solid second. It’s a clever touch. Jesy both took your breath away and made the haters speechless. They sure aint gonna say it to her face! They don’t have the guts. The silence goes really well here.

Then the music starts again and it’s Jade and the drums. The lyrics in this verse are the same as in Jade's first. But it’s different everywhere else. Whereas in the first it started with just Jade and the triangle, this time it’s Just jade and the drums. The triangles were higher than Jade's lines and the drums are slightly lower. Then, where in the first verse the drums came in, Jade starts singing the melody (instead of talk rapping) while the members sing a higher harmony. The gentle twanging of a guitar also joins in. While her enunciation is clear throughout, she slurs a bit at “about me”. It’s purposeful to sound more sassy. She’s not even trying to enunciate. She doesn’t even have to try yet she’s in control.

Then Perrie comes in. Her voice is strong and her delivery sultry which goes perfectly with her lines. I love her last “me”. The tempo of her verse is also slower than the rest of the song in general which goes well with her sultry delivery like the faster tempo went with Jesy's sassy delivery.

Then there’s the chorus again. Afterwards, the banging guitars and Jesy's lines again. There’s not a big silence this time, but a crescendo after a brief one. Then comes Jade's lines except harmonized with Perrie (I think :melon_think: ) during the second half there’s a higher and lower harmony and it’s beautiful. :lover3: Then comes Jesy slaying her sassy lines again. The little “woah” adlib at the end perfectly ends the song.:pepelove1:

While I didn’t enjoy the entire song and I like other little mix songs more for sure, it’s a really interesting song where little mix spiced up their repertoire and I appreciate the production, and as always their vocals and harmonies :pepelove2:

novemberrain  NightChamp  daniel-cruz if you find this interesting :danceb:

I will post the dftf one later today

• Yeah it's not my style, but it's an interesting song and the vocals and harmonies are really good as usual.

Have you heard their new song? The vocals and harmonies are amazing and they have growls and riffs

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I like it a lot more than this one, but it's production isn't as interesting

• No I havent heard I will listen to when I am home^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!