Actually, Z-POP is a good idea.

• I see Zpop as a sub-genre of Kpop or a spin-off of it. It's not Kpop, but strongly related. Because it was koreans(Zenith Media Contents)who created it in the first place. It's a great idea, but sadly executed poorly. If a bigger company was behind it, it could have made a better impact.

But what Zpop does is giving other asian nationalites a chance to experience something that resembles Kpop. Let's face it, Kpop is mainly for East Asia, and that's why you see agencies pick koreans, japanese, chinese and foreign born koreans 99% out of the time. With Thailand being a very special exception. There are some anamolies like BlackSwan Fatou and Secret Number Dita, but I have my doubt Kpop will massively move away from their primarly markets, Japan, China and Korea itself. That's why I think some people in the Kpop industry decided to come up with a alternative for other asians.

If Zgirls and Zboys were managed and promoted better, the Zpop genre could have evolved into something that is identical to Kpop. Imagine having their own music and variety shows similar to M Countdown and Knowing Bros. Maybe in a smaller scale, but could have worked.

If we see how Z-girls & Z-boys predebut show was building up to their debut, it's 100% identical to Kpop.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

69408eb16f7410df4f22e8cbc0f20383.gif

Edited once, last by Uni909 ().

• Finally some Z-pop appreciation in the place. I like them, and I agree with you. If people that are not from East Asia want to part of the kpop community then they can! Race should not be used to judge who will and will not be part of something.

The ideal would be Kpop opening up for more diversity, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon. Kpop has a particular and strict standard that fits mostly for East Asians. We're going to see a bit more diverse idols in 4th gen though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!