Antidote by Kang Daniel beat IU's record of Highest Weekly Digital Points in Gaon 2021

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Congrats to Kang Daniel. To be able to beat IU's record is very impressive and shows how popular he is in S. Korea. It's nice to see his name and song among the leaders of kpop. :happyr::lover1::waterr:

External Content youtu.be

Edited for additional info.

Edited 2 times, last by marchex ().

• marchex

Changed the title of the thread from “Antidote by Kang Daniel beat IU's record of Highest Digital Points in Gaon 2021” to “Antidote by Kang Daniel beat IU's record of Highest Weekly Digital Points in Gaon 2021”.
  • congrats but how? no hate, sorry if I sound annoying, but it's not charting on melon top100, bugs, vibe, how did he do it tho? IU was no.1 on all charts and she couldn't do it and how? is it possible/

• congrats but how? no hate, sorry if I sound annoying, but it's not charting on melon top100, bugs, vibe, how did he do it tho? IU was no.1 on all charts and she couldn't do it and how? is it possible/

Yeah I dunno either im guessing heavy mass streams?

He achieved quadruple Crowns on the weekly Gaon Charts. Getting #1 in 4 categories. Gaon #1 Album sales (Yellow), #1 Download (Antidote), #1 Digital (Antidote), #1 BGM (Antidote).

He charted and is still charting #1 in Genie. He charted in Melon 24 hours. He charted high for a while in bugs and is still in flo.

He was also number one last week in Hanteo Album sales. His first week, his Yellow album sold 316,000+.

It is definitely something to celebrate. Shows the power and growth of the fandom. This is also the first time this has happened in Kang Daniel's near two year career as a solo artist. :waterr:

Edited 2 times, last by marchex ().

• I understand that and congrats really, I think he always had good physical sales, but still weird for me for a song that didn't reach peaks on all charts, but he is no.1 on dl's so it explains

• I understand that and congrats really, I think he always had good physical sales, but still weird for me for a song that didn't reach peaks on all charts, but he is no.1 on dl's so it explains

It's odd because, Danity leans older, people who has jobs and no time to stream, but has money to spend on physical and digital. It seems we lost a lot of teenage fans, when dispatched exposed Daniel and Jihyo dating. Fortunately/Unfortunately??? they've broken up. He might be able to attract new teenage fans in S.K.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!