Jim Jones could have really done something impactful for the black community if money and drugs did not corrupt him

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I love how this Youtuber summarized his early life. His early life prior to the People's Temple was nothing short of a miracle for a white man in the 1950s to fight for racial equality so hard. Greed and Drugs plus power changed a man whose intentions, in the beginning, were otherwise good. Like what the Youtuber said, he could have gone and done some great things for the US, such as joining MLK and other civil rights leaders of his time but it's unfortunate 908 people had to suffer a grave decision. One of my thesis in college was on Jim Jones and she summed up his life more than my thesis could ever lol

• I agree, he was incredibly charming and gained people's trust easily, as well as being an incredible speaker

If only he had not fallen to drugs

Some people say he was mentally ill and that's why he did what he did but I don't know

I think we are all mentally ill in some way or another but some of us fall on drugs and alcohol to help and others fall on the friends and family

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!