question of the day

• why do people associate muscularity with fitness?

real athletes in most high skill sports are thin and even irl most people who do sports for sports, not for aesthetics are usually skinny or lean

cant really see any actually fitness advantage of muscles other than very specific strength based sports ( which require more fat too ) or aesthetics.........

• I think it’s different for every sport, for example, Basketball and Track runners are more on the skinny side but still have muscle, while rugby and football players are more on the buffer side. Many rugby players are naturally big due to the fact that a lot of rugby players are Polynesian and Polynesians tend to be more naturally big built than other races, in sports like rugby and football I think it is important to be more big and muscular for defense and tackles. Unlike basketball and track, I think they seem so lean because of the amount they have to run and running takes fat off of the leg. And ofc athletes have to have some sort of muscularity in them, I mean they workout and practice like everyday, and muscle shows their hard work, or they just have muscle because they want to show off. Tbh I do not really know anything I just took a guess

• I think it’s different for every sport, for example, Basketball and Track runners are more on the skinny side but still have muscle, while rugby and football players are more on the buffer side. Many rugby players are naturally big due to the fact that a lot of rugby players are Polynesian and Polynesians tend to be more naturally big built than other races, in sports like rugby and football I think it is important to be more big and muscular for defense and tackles. Unlike basketball and track, I think they seem so lean because of the amount they have to run and running takes fat off of the leg. And ofc athletes have to have some sort of muscularity in them, I mean they workout and practice like everyday, and muscle shows their hard work, or they just have muscle because they want to show off. Tbh I do not really know anything I just took a guess

by muscularity i dont mean muscle definition

majority of skinny people have muscular definition as well but are not perceived as athletic because of smaller volume of body

• Excess weight is undesirable in many sports, so you will rarely see a high performance athlete looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

It also depends if it's an endurance or an explosive sport. Endurance sports will have thinner athletes and explosive sports will have buffer athletes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!