Koreans shouldn’t worry that much on how international viewers view their dramas…

• ... when it come to their history. Cause I’m pretty sure the vast majority only care for the plot and not historical accuracy.

I mean if it’s something that bothers them personally, it’s unto them, but they shouldn’t worry that international viewers will get a false impression of their history. Majority aren’t even really familiar with Asian history and historical important events, so they wouldn’t notice if something is wrong in the first place, especially since they believe the story is fictional anyway, it’s just entertainment for most.

Also I think those who are truly interested in another countries history will not base their knowledge on movies and dramas, but will do a real research and will watch several documentaries and read articles etc.

I personally don’t care in which era or period a drama/movie it set. For me its only important to understand the dynamic between the characters and why they behave the way they do.

I only care for accuracy if its a biopic or some sort of documentary that is supposed to tell a story of true events/or historical figure for educational purposes.

• I agree...

I thought that all those historical dramas dont actually follow history completelly.

Idk why it's suddenly a problem. What is even the problem with this drama? I can kinda understand if it presents Koreans as bad or some terrible crimes of others as Koreans crime. But I dont think anyone will do it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!