Feminist books that you would be cancelled for reading if you're a female kpop artist

• Well... I just found out that "Breasts and Eggs" by Mieko Kawakami is considered a "feminist book".

23eff24aa5ad11e617516209cc5d2dc5.jpg

I haven't read that book, but I have read a different book by that author, which is "Heaven". (I don't think Heaven has anything to do with feminism. That book is just about a teenage boy being bullied for being different.)

The synopsis of the edition, that Yunjin is reading, says:

On a hot summer’s day in a poor suburb of Tokyo we meet three women: thirty-year-old Natsuko, her older sister Makiko, and Makiko’s teenage daughter Midoriko. Makiko, an ageing hostess despairing the loss of her looks, has travelled to Tokyo in search of breast enhancement surgery. She's accompanied by Midoriko, who has recently stopped speaking, finding herself unable to deal with her own changing body and her mother’s self-obsession. Her silence dominates Natsuko’s rundown apartment, providing a catalyst for each woman to grapple with their own anxieties and their relationships with one another.

Eight years later, we meet Natsuko again. She is now a writer and find herself on a journey back to her native city, returning to memories of that summer and her family’s past as she faces her own uncertain future.

I have heard though that Breasts and Eggs has a transphobic scene... (I'm not saying that Yunjin is a transphobe for reading that)

I have read "Kim Jiyoung, Born 1984" by Cho Namjoo, which is also considered a feminist book, and I understand why. (I have wanted to reread this book)

Well... one synopsis of this book says "A fierce international bestseller that launched Korea’s new feminist movement, Kim Jiyoung, Born 1982 follows one woman’s psychic deterioration in the face of rigid misogyny."

I think some female kpop artists have been cancelled for reading that book.

BTS' Namjoon did recommend that book, and I don't think he got in any troubles for it.

Well... I could only think of two books...

And yeah.... people cancelling female kpop artists for reading those books are incels and anti-feminists...

• stop reading books and start watching quality fancams

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!