Can Blackpink and Babymonster coexist at the same time on YG Entertainment?

• I'm going to be honest with you I didn't fully watched babymonster debut video, apart from snippets on twitter I didn't totally grasp their debut but I suddenly got one of their ads on youtube and instead of skipping I decided to watch the ad and then go to their MV and watch it on high definition and I'm not going to lie the only thought on my mind was babymonster is so blackpink that it hurts, like the sole existence of blackpink on recent years make them shine way less... like if the last time bp released music was 3 or 4 years ago their debut would taste better, babymonster debut looks like they are straight up cosplaying blackpink.

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 23-02-49 Creep - Radiohead (Lyrics) - YouTube.png

And that made me think that those 2 groups can't really coexist at the same time in the same company, they are too alike for it... we know both are basically subproducts of 2NE1, like I say bp is 2ne1 with pretty faces while baemon is 2ne1 with teenagers, they are ESSENTIALLY the same group, with some little variations here and there but the same damn group... baemon feels like a revitalized version with the passion blackpink lost long time ago, they are most synchronized than blackpink ever was and have slightly more intricate choreos but it's the same group: same concept, visual ideas, direction, etc...

I consider blackpink a soft disbanded group but there is still a little hope they stay in yg, and in my honest opinion both groups can't continue like this if bp stays, or one of the two change concept or yg keeps blackpink even more time on the dungeon to let baemon shine with their concept, because overtime it would feel tiring, if batter up shine less by looking too much like things blackpink did 1 year ago imagine the moment they comeback the same year not too far apart each other.

Do you think they really can coexist basically sharing everything the same or yg would need to take a drastic decision?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!