YG will finally be dealing with an equal opponent in mediaplaying

• He’s quite invested in side story / prequel books. I think he just wrote himself into a corner with WoW and now can’t be bother to finish

Take it with a grain of salt as it is "someone said to someone said to someone", but the rumor is that a well known writer was approached to shadow write and finish ASOIAF. I choose to believe it given the circumstances and how common shadow writing is in the industry.

• GRRM isn't unproductive, he just gave up on the books. Hit him up with a TV series idea and he'll run faster than a leopard. It is sad but dude, despite obviously being one of the better writers, doesn't respect the craft as much and feels more important while doing TV shows.

He’s quite invested in side story / prequel books. I think he just wrote himself into a corner with WoW and now can’t be bother to finish

Sadly, looks like both of you are right ;(

He loves being lauded everywhere as the gifted writer, doing other jobs like being involved in tv shows, video games, side stories - anything but the tedious chore that the Song of Ice and Fire series must have become to him.

He's not the first writer that has written himself in a corner with their multi-volume spanning epic saga - Robert Jordan's last Wheel of Time novels before his death suffered from wild growth of meandering storyline and an ever growing army of characters.

But in George R.R. Martin's case, seems it has grown into a writer's block where he doesn't know how to continue the SoIaF series anymore, at a quality level that his previous books in the series were known for.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!