Taylor Swift actually created a $4.5 billion economic effect - I was wrong about the Opportunity cost of BTS.

• Taylor Swift fans helping the economy with hotel revenue
    Taylor Swift fans —"Swifties" —are boosting the economy with hotel stays, from traveling thousands of miles to see the singer on the Eras Tour.
    scrippsnews.com

Eras Tour bumps Taylor Swift’s net worth above $1 billion
    A new analysis shows the tour contributed $370 million to her wealth.
    www.ktvh.com

Tl, dr, Taylor Swift created a $4.7 billion worth of economic activity thru her ERAs tour.

First, with BTS ready to pounce on her, it is doubtful whether she would have had this much success if BTS were there.

Second, while Taylor goes to countries in the First World,BTS could go to more places outside of it, so its potential was greater.

I wrote this before but seems I was wrong. It was more like $15 billion.

The Korean incels, hell bent on dragging BTS to the military, came out with a strange theory that it would be better off forBTS to do the military service and have a longer career.

I wrote that they failed arithmetic while in grade school.

Given the impact of Taylor's tour I presume the opportunity cost for BTS in 2022 and 23 are north of $6 billion.

Given Jimin has a new album early next year there will be nothing until 2026. And their contracts end in 2027. No one knows whether it is jan 1, or Dec 31. I think the 2026 tour, with BTS' rockets having been shot, might bring a bit short of $1b and after that the members will instead pursue their own interests.

It is meaningless for BTS to have a longer career, out of narrative and catering to aging Armies. The Koreans lay a huge, huge egg, but what to expect from them who still like IU, who , after 15 years , has still not contributed anything to KPop?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!