(Trigger Warning) : Telling Your Fave Idol On WEVERSE That You Wanna Unalive Yourself & Been Chopping It Up...

• It's unfair to the idol to be made to feel responsible for the mental health of a complete stranger. They're artists, not crisis counselors. You can find comfort in their music and their words but it's so inappropriate to ask for a personal psychiatric intervention in this way. In my opinion.

Right???

Like the way that person was just airing out their problems like that, not only for the idol to see, but other community members as well....

Definitely could have triggered someone, by posting those type of words.

• one thing that I want to say is that

no wonder more and more groups just move into doing lives and posting content for those who are paying subscriptions for their group

and also there are still no mods on Weverse...

Right, making it hard for stuff to be free💀

• Thank you! As much as I am against trauma dumping and pushing the parasocial relationship this far, some of the replies seem too cold for me. I don't think they'd ever do it but it's a great idea.

Like they shouldn't do that but there are people that actually needs help, not all are psychopaths or manipulative. They are just seeking help the wrong way.

Yeah. Is like they didnt learn nothing with the past suicides that happened years ago in the Kpop. Its very discouraging

• I'm surprised it took this long for this kind of stuff to surface in weverse. The covid-video call era was filled with fans trauma-dumping on idols and expecting them to play therapist.

I get finding comfortable in entertainment and celebrities but a no point should you actually use them to treat depression, it's going to do nothing but make it worse. I'd honestly trust and find comfort in friends I've made within fandoms online than any of my actual fr

The part that made me uneasy is when the person said "i really need your help, or should i kill myself oppa"........that sounded VERY manipulative.

Making it seem as if he didn't reply, then the consequence would be on his hands.

Like I cant make this up

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!