[theqoo] 'SQUID GAME 2' NO WOMAN IN THE CASTING VIDEO... WE ASKED NETFLIX

• [theqoo] 'SQUID GAME 2' NO WOMAN IN THE CASTING VIDEO... WE ASKED NETFLIX

AVvXsEhuHBonz_-zZBiaU-MdoXcpeXbYvdqOOzil6vhUv0YMqILK5cscNX3aI6NO6v4YP_e-MCgOxTQrduR1U0XUkK4NuCzh8GMQPlZ6uKDazaFfyFEgEPS3OUw5DX50Ceg6GABowpsUrURiFTo4u0-vU5hBAeteQz1WdhMERXGrxw9cPgo6ClbobKpFEXYk6is=s16000

The casting for season 2 of Netflix's "The Squid Game" has been announced, and questions and criticisms about the lack of female actors continue to surface online. In response, Netflix said that "additional casting will be announced soon."

Netflix Korea announced on the 18th that "Im Siwan, Kang Ha Neul, Park Sung Hoon, and Yang Dong Geun have been cast in the second season of The Squid Game." In the "Squid Game Season 2 Casting Announcement" video released by Netflix, newly cast actors Im Siwan, Kang Ha Neul, Park Sung Hoon, and Yang Dong Geun are joined by season 1 cast members Lee Jung Jae, Lee Byung Hun, Woo Ha Joon, and Gong Yoo. None of the eight actors in the video are female.

Fans around the world pointed out the lack of female actors in the video. "No women in the cast, are you kidding me," read one comment on Netflix Korea's Instagram, which received more than 2,000 likes. "If you're going to reveal 8 people, at least one of them should be a woman," said one user, while another wrote, "It's impossible that there are no female actors. Let's not jump to conclusions and wait and see." "There will be a female actor, but the problem is that it wasn't revealed in the initial casting announcement," said another.

(...)

In Season 1 of "The Squid Game," the female actors became popular and won several awards. Jung Hoyeon, who played the role of Saebyeok, won the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role in February last year. In March of the same year, she won the Critics' Choice Super Awards for Best Female Actress. For her role as Ji-Young, Lee Yoomi won Best Guest Actress at the Emmy Awards last September. This is the first time a non-English-language drama has won an Emmy, and Lee Yoomi is the first Korean actor to win an Emmy.

A Netflix representative told Hankyoreh on Sept. 19, "We can't say yet if there will be a female cast member in Season 2 of 'The Squid Game,'" adding, "Additional casting will be revealed soon." Following Season 1, Season 2 of "Squid Game," directed by Hwang Dong-hyuk, is expected to begin filming in the second half of this year.

original post: here

1. Stop with the men bath casting, I'm honestly getting fed up of it

2. I think that the show will be boring without Jung Hoyeon's role. The show hit big overseas all thanks to Jung Hoyeon and Lee Yoomi's rolesㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. This is your typical Korean men bathㅋㅋㅋ freaking boring

4. Looking forward to Im Siwan

5. I don't believe that a female character is a must. But it's disappointing since the female character and the elderly characters made the most dramatic impact in S1. The plot itself is so cliche already so with a cast full of men, it feels like I've already watched the whole show

6. Korea pulling off a Korea

7. Wow they got rid of the women, the elderly and the other racesㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. Wasn't Jung Hoyeon the one who hit the biggest with the 1st ep?ㅋㅋㅋ this is ridiculous

9. They ar e not revealing it because there's noneㅋㅋ Korea makes no effort in trying to change

10. This is honestly f*cking embarrassing

[theqoo] 'SQUID GAME 2' NO WOMAN IN THE CASTING VIDEO... WE ASKED NETFLIX
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!