Something I have noticed...

• Whenever an actor or actress plays an autistic character in a movie or TV series, they often end up getting an award for best actor/actress...

I know that I'm not the only one who has noticed that thing.

And I have seen other people mentioning it.

Maybe people at award shows think that a non-autistic acting as an autistic character might be difficult or something.

Or maybe those actors were just being better actors than the other actors that were nominated...

It's not something that always bothers me though.

And I'm not one of them, who gets offended seeing movies or TV series that have autistic characters being acted by non-autistic actors. I get more offended if the movie or TV series itself is being like "this person used to be autistic and now they are cured." or something. (I know that there was this TV series that made talking about your hyperfixation seem like a bad thing. And I'm glad that Extraordinary Attorney Woo didn't do that.)

I'm just ONE autistic person, and some other autistic people might have different opinions about this stuff.

Maybe people at award shows think that a non-autistic acting as an autistic character might be difficult

I think this is the case

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!