Producer behind Exo's Kokobop, The Eve, Love Shot, Tempo is coming back to SM for EXO's COMEBACK!!

• Tbh obsession was a hit song imo. It was affected more because EXO had lost members to the army than the quality of the song. Obsession sold less and didn’t perform as well more because of that than quality. I mostly only hear praise for obsession from fans and critics alike.

DFTF suffered genuinely because people didn’t care for the TT but I don’t believe that was the case for obsession.

But is obsession good or is it because exo made it good. I remember when I first heard the demo I was like what in the world is this songg

But when I first heard EXO’s version on its release I was like wowooww so good. And now it’s my top 5 songs from them.

It didnt make me obsessed with the dem jointz sound though which is why I think he’s a hit or miss. It really depends on who’s singing it and how it’s done.

Of course if obsession was released now with full promo it would do well. But actually it did so well in terms of streaming back then despite the circumstances. Only thing that went down was sales.

• That can be said about many EXO songs. Not just dem Jointz…. it’s exo that make EXO songs good. Like Call me Daddy was NOT a pop perfection masterpiece 😭🫡

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!