Massive Anti Pension Reforms protests erupt across France

• The disturbing trend of Western governments rapidly descending into authoritarian fascism continues. Macron has invoked Article 49.3 which allowed the government to unilaterally pass the Anti Pension Reform bill without a vote at the French National Assembly. Unsurprisingly the French public who are notoriously good at protesting are burning shit in the streets to display their outrage over this bill.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I mean I understand that forcing that reform without any voting withing parlament or whoever is deciding it is wrong

but in same time they've had one of the lowest retirement age in whole Europe...

like guys even China is changing their own system because people nowadays live longer

on the other side I fckn hate when cops or some other militia beats normal citizens, especially women, children and elderly just because they are protesting... of course protest peacefully don't burn shit and riot because then you deserve a beating when you set someone's shop/house/car on fire

External Content www.youtube.com

• I can see why they're protesting. A retirement age of 62 means many of them stand a real chance of living long enough to retire one day.

Under my country's current law I won't get to retire until I'm at least 69 years old. Which means I'm about as likely to experience retirement as I am to win the lottery. The oldest person in my family was my great grandfather who was lucky enough to remain in good health all his life and actually lived to 63.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!