REPORT: THEBLACKLABEL's ownership breakdown (YG/Naver likely to be major investors); Reason behind Park Bogum signing with TBL

• Associate label

Teddy gets complete & 100% authority at TBL so if BP moves there, YG & his bro will have zero say in BP activities besides distributing their music when TBL & BP decide to put it out

TBL is an associate label because YG allowed it. The difference between an associate label and a subsidiary is that YG went from majority owner to Teddy being majority.

And I'm pretty sure you didn't know that they were an associate label until I pointed it out on this board.

Anyway, as pointed out in this article, Teddy is not going to be doing any management of the business of THEBLACKLABEL. He's just going to continue to make music.

And you think the new TBL CEO is going to do any management? He's a former gaming company CEO who was only brought on to help draw in investors and help them go public.

I've also suspected that while Yang Hyunsuk was on hiatus for 3 years that YG music management decisions were being made by a committee who I suspect consisted of:

Teddy, Choice37 (head of YGX), Future Bounce, AiRPLAY, Millenium and AKMU's Chanhyuk. Who all have been with YG for a long time.

So if you disliked YG's decisions the last 3 years, these were the people that made them and THEBLACKLABEL wouldn't be much different.

Also, yes, I think Yang Hynsuk and his brother will be on THEBLACKLABEL's board of directors. Just like Yang Minsuk is on YGPlus' board of directors.

Long time YG people will be installed at THEBLACKLABEL. The CEO of YGPlus was YGE's COO for 10 years and then went to YGPlus.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• This is all speculation tho on your part

Teddy being the major shareholder means he gets final say in his artists activities that's what matters

• bumping for legitimate sourced threads to prevent misinformation

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• bump

YG Family

1080x360

• bump

YG Family

1080x360

• Blue2012

Changed the title of the thread from “REPORT: Reason behind Park Bo-gum's transfer to THEBLACKLABEL; TBL's ownership breakdown; more surprises to come” to “REPORT: THEBLACKLABEL's ownership breakdown (YG/Naver likely to be major investors); Reason behind Park Bogum signing with TBL”.
  • bump

YG Family

1080x360

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!