We Could've Lost Another Idol, Due To Bullying..Once Again

• External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Go to 8:09

Jae from Day6 talks about he wouldve commited in January, if it wasnt for his fans and the people around him giving him support and letting him know everything is okay.

Jae has said some things and acted problematic A few times. But the hate he received and still is is too much.

I mean to me some of the stuff he said I didn't even take that serious since its from a Western stand point, so we be saying anything.

But I understand him being a idol and "famous" plus apart of Korean culture it can be controversial.

Still the death threats and all that is never okay.

He could be dead right now.

And every single person who sent him something negative would have blood on their hands.

Approved the thread.
  • these kpop stans gotta realize that this is reality and you playing with peoples real lives and feelings.

If he wasn't mentally strong enough and acted on impulse, then that would've been the end man.

Over stuff that was dumb and over exaggerated by stans on social media.😐

• these kpop stans gotta realize that this is reality and you playing with peoples real lives and feelings.

If he wasn't mentally strong enough and acted on impulse, then that would've been the end man.

That's kind of a really narrow view of committing that those who do aren't "mentally strong enough" or acting "on impulse"

It's not like that at all.

• I literally said what if😐.

I dont remember saying every person who commits are weak...thats like putting words in my mouth.....lol

these kpop stans gotta realize that this is reality and you playing with peoples real lives and feelings.

You literally didn't say "What if", you said "If he wasn't" which implies that those who do commit aren't mentally strong enough. Missing out the "what" in your comment completely changes the meaning.

• You literally didn't say "What if", you said "If he wasn't" which implies that those who do commit aren't mentally strong enough. Missing out the "what" in your comment completely changes the meaning.

Exactly. Thank you for pointing it out.

You see I said "IFFFFFFFFFFF". Its like right there.

Also you didn't show me where I said "EVERYONE WHO COMMITS ARENT MENTALLY STRONG". You didn't show me that line yet😐

• Exactly. Thank you for pointing it out.

You see I said "IFFFFFFFFFFF". Its like right there.

Also you didn't show me where I said "EVERYONE WHO COMMITS ARENT MENTALLY STRONG". You didn't show me that line yet😐

By saying he didn't commit because he was mentally strong "enough" and didn't act on impulse, you ARE implying people that do end up dying by suicide are mentally weaker and impulsive.

Maybe you didn't mean it that way but that's very much how it's coming off

• By saying he didn't commit because he was mentally strong "enough" and didn't act on impulse, you ARE implying people that do end up dying by suicide are mentally weaker and impulsive.

Maybe you didn't mean it that way but that's very much how it's coming off

Thank you. I mustn't have been explaining it clear enough because OP wasn't getting it.

• Thank you. I mustn't have been explaining it clear enough because OP wasn't getting it.

I still don't see the sentence where I said that line????

Making assumptions because of what YOU interpret my sentence as, is a YOU problem. Don't try to put anything on me.

If I didn't say it, then lets not assume.

Also me speaking on ONE person, doesn't speak for everyone. Especially when I say "IF"

• Actually it's a grammar problem in the way you have written your sentences.

• People trying to shed light on real issues and y'all be quarreling over grammar

• Actually it's a grammar problem in the way you have written your sentences.

Look this thread isn't about me.

Just like someone commented, im shedding light on A continuous issue we have within kpop, and people worried about some damn grammer.

That's the issue now.

People worried about the wrong things.

Or love taking peoples words and twisting it, to make it a big deal or because THEY interpreted A certain way.

Like please, y'all need to get a grip. And learn if someone didn't say something, then leave it at that.

My post and the issue I posted about is bigger than some damn grammer. And regardless people know what I meant.

End of discussion👍.

• Sure your choice of grammar really put a damper on what you were trying to do but go ahead and keep missing what people were trying to point out.

This issue is talked about a lot, brought up a lot, we see how it affects idols/celebs a lot. While sad, it's really not a surprise that another idol has felt that way.

And once again, nothing is going to change because the people who need to see stuff like this will never see it or never think it means them.

• I agree with most of what you're saying in the OP but the issue isn't the grammar, it's the terrible word choice and implication.

We shouldn't be talking about "mental strength" as if it's a barrier between people ending their lives or not. Not for other people, not for Jae, not for anyone. The problem with isn't just hate comments, it's also how social stigmas and misunderstandings about mental health make it difficult for people to get help. So many people that are struggling get told "oh, your mentality is just bad" "just power through the hard times" "have strength, you'll get through it" "other people have it worse" and it leaves the person feeling isolated and responsible for their own happiness.

Jae himself complained that his own therapist said most of his depression, insecurities etc were his own fault to the point where years later, he felt like being depressed was a sign of weakness. Jonghyun said in his last letter that he was blamed for his own depression over and over. Even long before he passed away, saying one of the things he hated the most was asking for help and people saying that if other "stronger" people could get through their hard times, so could he.

Why do you think the suicide rate in Korea is the highest amongst young people in the world? Is S.K just a "mentally weak" country?

Hate comments are terrible, nobody is denying that. But far more people are hurt by careless remarks from people who are so uneducated about mental health. It's the things said flippantly that can do the most damage, regardless of intent.

THAT is why people are harping on you. Not grammar.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!