thoughts on 'Birthday'?

Approved the thread.
  • big flop. it's too much going on

• Flop. A big company like SM should be able to find better songs than this. Well, at least RV didn’t disappoint with their b-sides. The b-sides are a lot better (I’ve become like those SM stans lol).

SM is really trying their hardest to stain their legacy groups’ discographies huh?

• Almost unlistenable. The girls still have their Disney princess vocals.

• the second verse is better than the first because of their vocal runs. they should make it first verse and delete all all the talk-singings

• Personally not a huge fan of it. At least you can still hear the distinct Red Velvet style on the song

• I couldn't even bring myself to listen to the full song, just terrible. It seems like SM is doing the 1 good song 1 throaway song strategy with them, Psycho was good but Queendom was forgettable, FMR was interesting and new and now this is just...a song

• SM have shat the bed for their RV releases recently

• Might be worse than zimzalalflimflam. Not a single soul moved for this release. Its looking like huge tank in every area both domestically and internationally(this one was obvious).

• I'm tired of hearing "Red Velvet best discography" because at this point their stinkers outweigh their good songs. Birthday would have been politely ignored if it had been from any other group. (And eviscerated if Blackpink had released it, but of course.)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!