Twice getting solo gigs as soon as the contract renewed proves one thing.

• Girls were held back, and onces weren't victimizng them. Jyp wanted them to rely on "twice" brand so they'd renew. Congrats Jyp your plan worked but so far I'm satisfied with this new contract. I hope we get more solos.

Approved the thread.
  • I feel like them losing their top group status made JYP not care anymore.

TWICE know they would end up like GOT7 if they left JYP.

Better they stay and just do concerts for their fans.

• But are the solo gigs doing much for them in the long run? They’re already 7 year old idols and so far they are just starting their solo deals and out them all only Nayeon has anything of worth.

The rest having the occasional ost or appearing at a fashion show doesn’t really compare to the likes of BP or RV members who have been acting, having musical careers, tv, fashion, etc for years and years and built solid foundations for themselves away from the group brand. Unless they get solid solo activities that lock them in for years (eg becoming a brand ambassador, tv host, solo singer etc) then it’s all superficial and Twice are still faaaar behind everyone else.

• It is better late than never.

JYP was so selfish to hold the twice girls back. I think at least 1-3 members have good potential to be huge but JYP obviously didnt want them to be bigger than the twice brand

This coming from a Blink

• it all starts somewhere. Twice are just starting with the solo gigs and already getting a good response. They just need to get that right solo gig/campaign that will take them to next level.

• I think it all depends on how long you thought TWICE would have as a career. If you had thought that TWICE would only last seven years, then JYPE was late in promoting them. If you thought that TWICE could last 15 years or longer, then this is only the halfway point, and a good transition time to solo careers.

• too late imo the damage is already done. Atleast jyp and twice bank accounts are full with all those comebacks.

• It is better late than never.

JYP was so selfish to hold the twice girls back. I think at least 1-3 members have good potential to be huge but JYP obviously didnt want them to be bigger than the twice brand

This, most likely.

First JYP weeded out all the rebellious trainees with a strong backbone, all in the spirit of like JYP said forming groups with members having 'good character' - but failing to mention that with 'good character' they also meant good for the company itself: the meek, obedient and dependent types that won't stand up against the company and that easy to handle and manipulate.

And with success. JYP had them exactly in the position they wanted, and prevented an exodus like with GOT7 or with their former girl groups where disgruntled, unhappy members left.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!