Overall, Iz*One become the most successful post-produce after disbandment

• Ive already being successful while Sakura and Chaewon's group obviously will doing great. Nako and Hitomi back to their original group in Japan and really active there and obviously popular too. The one who became soloist sold good amount of album even more than Somi. Eunbi sells more than 50k album, Yuri with more than 80k and Yena with 100k.

It is just 3 members more that I'm unsure about which is Chaeyeon as Wm seems didn't know what to do with her. Hyewon doing great with her yt channel, modelling and some acting gigs, but still waiting for her to get bigger role and breakthrough in her acting career, same goes to Minju. She still having her mc gigs but her contract with mbc will end soon and her company still didn't find any acting roles for her at this moment. So, I guess we will see more in the future about this there.

• Bananapple

Changed the title of the thread from “Overall, Iz*One become the most successful post-produce” to “Overall, Iz*One become the most successful post-produce after disbandment”.
  • For ioi the most popular group post produce is gugudan if I'm not mistaken, Somi and Chungha as soloist. Wanna one post produce group that most popular is ab6ix and kang daniel as soloist. I'm not really sure about x1 post-produce.

WJSN is the most popular group post IOI and basically the only ones still active

post x1 Cravity is the most popular group

so it looks like starship know what they are doing with their post produce groups

• Cravity is successful??? They are a non event.

their last album sold 190k so i'll say they are doing fine, especially compared with every other group post X1

X1 in general were pretty unfortunate since they were semi active for a few months so they didn't had time to make a place in industry

• WJSN is the most popular group post IOI and basically the only ones still active

post x1 Cravity is the most popular group

so it looks like starship know what they are doing with their post produce groups

Oh, my mistake. I forget about wjsn. And I'm sorry but I never heard about cravity. But I guess, sse not really know what they're doing since the beginning as the group before Ive didn't really doing that great but they learn which is the most important thing.

• You're right of course, but there are exceptions and right now, and i'm sorry, you just triggered my anger at two companies in particular.

I think RBW has no clue what to do with Chaeyeon after acquiring WM. Instead of putzing around with rando trainees, Hybe should have worked out a deal with RBW to grab Chaeyeon for Ssamkura's group. With Chaeyeon as main dancer, Chaewon as main vocal and Sakura as main rapper, they wouldnt need any other members for the group.

And then there's Minju. The girl is jobless and soon her MC gig could be coming to an end, a gig that was provided to her by CJ and Izone, NOT Urbanworks. She's been relegated to doing photoshoot after photoshoot but that shit gets stale real quick, i'm a Blink ffs, i have eons of experience consuming advertisements and Insta pics. Is Urbanworks trying to turn her into a second tier version of the Pinks? :rolleyes:

Where are these great acting opportunities that everyone was telling me Urbanworks was gonna set her up with? That was worth giving up a surefire successful idol career? She supposedly said her passion is acting but she's had less acting gigs than Yena, Hyewon and even Chaeyeon ffs.

• Unfortunately, I don't see hybe taking Chaeyeon. They aiming for the top seller in Iz*one and sadly Chaeyeon is not one of them, not even have the strongest fanbase among girls. And they need new members to attract new fans so the fanbase will not stagnant with old fans only, like what Ive did seeing how Liz and Leeseo is getting much love by Knetz especially.

For Minju, certainly they will turn her into Kriesha 2.0 after rejecting yg. Having few jobs in the first few year then disappear into the thin air. Uwe does not have good connection to land her a good role and Minju can't even released a solo album because she's the one saying she's done with being idol and wanted to became an actress instead. And some said she's the daughter of mbc, well after her mc gig contract with them done, I don't think they care about her that much, tbh.

• Unfortunately, I don't see hybe taking Chaeyeon. They aiming for the top seller in Iz*one and sadly Chaeyeon is not one of them, not even have the strongest fanbase among girls. And they need new members to attract new fans so the fanbase will not stagnant with old fans only, like what Ive did seeing how Liz and Leeseo is getting much love by Knetz especially.

For Minju, certainly they will turn her into Kriesha 2.0 after rejecting yg. Having few jobs in the first few year then disappear into the thin air. Uwe does not have good connection to land her a good role and Minju can't even released a solo album because she's the one saying she's done with being idol and wanted to became an actress instead. And some said she's the daughter of mbc, well after her mc gig contract with them done, I don't think they care about her that much, tbh.

Yep, i learned about what happened to poor Kriesha last year when the whole Minju/Hybe thing was going on. I dont think Urban has any experience in developing Kpop idols, do they? This is why i gave Urbanworks a massive sideeye when they came out with an article claiming that Minju wanted to go into acting as the reason for rejecting Hybe. Awfully coincidental that Minju happened to choose acting over idol life, given that Urban only has experience with the former. :rolleyes:

OTOH, i've been reading some terrible stuff on TW from Buddies claiming that Source worked Gfriend into the ground. Like allowing them only eight hours of sleep during an entire WEEK, or the story about one of the members wishing she had a wisdom tooth removal just so that she could rest =O=O. Maybe Minju was scared off by these horror stories. As an aside, i hope this shit aint true, and if it is, i hope BangPD puts a stop to this crap - aint no way i'm gonna let Source get away with turning Ssamkura into pack mules.

Whatever the case, I've also heard about Urbanworks being a mediocre agency for actors as well. This could be why Minju has gotten nothing while even non actors like Chaeyeon managed to get a tiny role in the past year.

At least let Minju do some dance covers or something, and do Vlives. Everyone wants to see idol Minju again.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sakura and Chaewon signing an exclusive contract which I don't think what happen to GFriend will happen to them. Especially by seeing how Fromis 9 getting treated after being a part of hybe, those girls get more exposure and better treatment compare when they're under Otr with Izone before.

And for Minju, I hope she will find better company to build her career as an actress as her contract with uwe will end this year too. Applause for her braveness for choosing uncertain path once again and back to beginners as an actress but it still make me wonder why she bot signing exclusive contract with hybe too like Sakura did where she still allowed to do her individual activities. I'm sure hybe will just agree with that and she will get better opportunity with big company like hybe.

• Nah, it's still IOI. Chungha is still leading on the music front compared to all of IZ*ONE's soloists. WJSN is always steadily doing great. Somi has been slowly expanding her discography, but Dumb Dumb was a certified hit.

On the acting side of things, IOI's actresses are all always getting significant roles on TV dramas, with Sejeong leading the pack with hit dramas like The Uncanny Counter and Business Proposal, arguably the most successful 3rd gen idol actress. Mina is consistently booked, Chaeyeon getting another leading role on MBC's The Golden Spoon, Doyeon had a bunch of supporting roles this past year.

On the CFs side of things, Sejeong, Somi and Chungha are all always getting CFs and endorsements, their GP name recognition are all much higher than any of IZ*ONE members. The next tier down, Chaeyeon, Yoojung, Mina and Doyeon are getting their share of brand deals as well.

• Nah, it's still IOI. Chungha is still leading on the music front compared to all of IZ*ONE's soloists. WJSN is always steadily doing great. Somi has been slowly expanding her discography, but Dumb Dumb was a certified hit.

On the acting side of things, IOI's actresses are all always getting significant roles on TV dramas, with Sejeong leading the pack with hit dramas like The Uncanny Counter and Business Proposal, arguably the most successful 3rd gen idol actress. Mina is consistently booked, Chaeyeon getting another leading role on MBC's The Golden Spoon, Doyeon had a bunch of supporting roles this past year.

On the CFs side of things, Sejeong, Somi and Chungha are all always getting CFs and endorsements, their GP name recognition are all much higher than any of IZ*ONE members. The next tier down, Chaeyeon, Yoojung, Mina and Doyeon are getting their share of brand deals as well.

Chungha got outsold by all Izone soloists though and Yena outcharted her, i mean when was the last time Chungha got a top 10 hit on Melon 24 Hits or Melon Daily? WJSN is nowhere near Ive's level.

IOI only shines when it comes to Somi's CF deals and Sejeong's acting.

Errr.... I start from brand deals, obviously all Izone members getting a lot of cf and brand deals. Like they're the most popular produce group, obviously they bag that deals. Sakura and Wonyoung is there to match Somi gp recognition. Ive popularity now is no joke in Korea. Even Yena and Yuri outsold both Chungha and Somi sales for their solo album.

And what exactly other than sejeong, somi and chungha done, actually? I'm not following them post-produce but you mentioned them only for brand deals that everyone in izone also get? And some of them only get small roles or lead in not even popular drama? 4 members of Izone in popular group, 2 is in popular group in Japan, 3 is popular soloist.

• Errr.... I start from brand deals, obviously all Izone members getting a lot of cf and brand deals. Like they're the most popular produce group, obviously they bag that deals. Sakura and Wonyoung is there to match Somi gp recognition. Ive popularity now is no joke in Korea. Even Yena and Yuri outsold both Chungha and Somi sales for their solo album.

And what exactly other than sejeong, somi and chungha done, actually? I'm not following them post-produce but you mentioned them only for brand deals that everyone in izone also get? And some of them only get small roles or lead in not even popular drama? 4 members of Izone in popular group, 2 is in popular group in Japan, 3 is popular soloist.

Lol you believe what you wanna believe. Sejeong alone has 10 Cfs and endorsements in 2021, like compared to some of IZ*ONE's most popular members like Sakura, Yujin or Wonyoung, it's not even close. But yeah sure.

As for music, you talk about all the numbers for Yena, Yuri and Eunbi, but literally c'mon now, Gotta Go is like one of the biggest songs ever in Kpop, everyone in Korea was covering it on every variety show, Somi's Dumb Dumb was also frequently covered. How many people are dancing to Yena, Yuri or Eunbi songs now other than their friends in their own TikTok promos? I mean, they only had their debuts, so fair enough, but if we're talking about most successful post-produce overall? Let's not lie here man, you know the truth. (And also while we're here when's the last time these popular IZ*ONE soloists went on any big variety shows? Somi, Sejeong, Chungha goes on tons of variety shows because the public actually knows them, they frequent shows like Knowing Bros, Running Man, Amazing Saturday, On&Off. Like you're using album sales as the only criteria, while ignoring hit songs, variety presence etc. but yeah sure)

And literally Mina in Hotel Del Luna, Jung Chaeyeon in King's Affection, Doyeon in My Roomate is a Gumiho and One the Woman, all of which dramas did very well, Mina and Chaeyeon both were leads in their respective dramas. Chaeyeon was nominated for Best New Actress in KBS 2021 Drama Awards.

It almost seems like you're just picking and choosing whichever numbers/etc. to push your narrative and ignoring everything else.. but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!