(RANT) Pink Venom's MV isn't an editing problem, it's a set problem

• The real issue in PV is the huge amount of sets and scenes. There's no reason to have a super complex set for Jisoo or Jennie to be the focus the entire time or to block the important things

Why did Rosé get a random foggy scene in the pre-chorus? They could've used a pre-existing one, or a set that would be used later on in the video

Lisa got one with THREE metal door thingies. We see it for 10 seconds and the details are only plausible if you pause it

Since YG loves views so much, they should know that pausing constantly doesn't help with that. You're suppose to catch the details by watching something AGAIN, not by stopping to process everything

Frankly, it's an incredible waste of money. Editors did their absolute best with what they were given so props to them. They simply followed the pace of the song with the cuts

out of service

• Camping in here. There were some things I'm looking at based on what they mentioned in the MV making film, but it's hard to see sometimes because everything was purposefully made jarring

Some people actually like this style of filming so I can't say anything there. But I'm clarifying to people that if they find the MV jarring it's not because of the editing, or at least the editing only. It's all those factors together

out of service

• Some people actually like this style of filming so I can't say anything there. But I'm clarifying to people that if they find the MV jarring it's not because of the editing, or at least the editing only. It's all those factors together

At least it's not as jarring as the shaky camera stuff some indie filmmakers do, similar to what they did for the first Hunger Games. But to be fair, the attention to details as Sotroof pointed out is good. How do we find balance in showing details or giving Easter eggs yet still being able to show what set designers can do?

• At least it's not as jarring as the shaky camera stuff some indie filmmakers do, similar to what they did for the first Hunger Games. But to be fair, the attention to details as Sotroof pointed out is good. How do we find balance in showing details or giving Easter eggs yet still being able to show what set designers can do?

Yep details are important so I agree

The shaky camery thing is true :pepe-shoooketh: You can see it's a more professional MV cause of the camera's stability. Smaller works tend to have more unpolished camera work.. So again it's not badly filmed or edited, some people just like slower paces

But PV is very fast so the MV can't move slowly :pepe-shrug: I guess whether someone liked it or not really comes down to personal taste

I enjoyed it but have a few issues with it

out of service

• Yeah, stabilization is a huge thing and does wonders for the cuts.

Jordan mentioned something by the end of his video reaction, something about the editors probably losing shots? I'll get back to it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!