Is K-POP dying?

• It is because of too many international fans. kpop has become too dacce intensive. Thats why companies make songs suitable for dancing. In 2nd gen kpop dancing was not as much as more emphasis on singing and melodies. Just look at survival shows iland or gp99 most of the winners who audience voted for are dance idols but very few who have strong vocals.

• Nope, a lot of these problems have always been here. There's always a year where there's less good releases and 2022 just happens to be one I guess. My one major concern is the lifespan of new groups, especially ggs. The GP and fans are always known for jumping around a lot but these new groups get abandoned by these people way too quickly once the new shiny group is out. And I guess you could argue bgs are dying with the GP as barely any bgs can chart in the top 100 and those who can have been established since before 4th gen.

• Well as a person who has been a fan for 11 years, some of that is true. The music isn't the same as it was during second gen. The new girl groups I don't think are that anything special. Comebacks are disappointing especially when you have to wait 12 months or more for a song that in my opinion was a flop. Occasionally a song will come out that I like, but that isn't very often. Boy groups have dropped off as well. Having said that, I will always thank my daughter for getting me into K pop but even she agrees that the music today is "shit."

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!