"Persona 2 Eternal Punishment" fan translation has been released!

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

cool! this along "Persona 5" and the Golden version of "Persona 4" are the only ones i haven't played from the "Persona" franchise

to this day it was kinda hard to play Persona 2, the problem is that is actually two games initially only released for the Playstation 1

Persona 2 innocent sin (first part)

Persona 2 eternal punishment (second part)

they share the same "universe" (kinda) and part of the plot line, the thing is that "innocent sin" was never released outside Japan

i myself only discovered Persona 2 after playing Persona 3, one of the social links in the later (the one of Maya and Tatsuya in the MMO game) is a reference to innocent sin

i recall reading that "Eternal Punishment" was the first game of the SMT franchise to come to the west, the problem with "Innocent Sin" was that they weren't sure how the international audiences would react to the game, the main reasons were that

1) a chapter of the game revolves around the Nazis invading Japan

2) there is a major character that is openly gay

so they skipped part 1, for like a decade it would had been impossible to play the whole Persona 2 without knowing Japanese, although some fans released a fan patch for innocent sin

later Atlus released a psp remake of both games with improved graphics and gameplay, this time they actually released "innocent Sin" in the west... but they didn't release Eternal Punishment, the psp versions are considered superior so it would have been awkward playing the remake and then the old ps1 version

-

anyway that wall of text was just to tell you that i'm going to play Eternal Punishment,

if one doesn't wants to bother patching a rom they can download a pre patched version from CDROMANCE and the PPSSPP emulator

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Closed the thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!