NewJeans confirmed to have no rappers. Where have the rappers gone to in Hybe?

Approved the thread.
  • I hope they won't have those awkward rap parts other groups like RV often have.

• Calling SM rap focused is a stretch.

Seventeen do have designated rappers iirc.

But it's indeed becoming less common in their new groups.

I think the reason is that it's difficult to train, compared to dancing and singing. And they also want their idols to fit a certain visual. The pool of trainees who both fit the visual they have in their mind and have potential in rap is obviously smaller than the pool of trainees who simply fit the visual. All of these people can be trained to dance and sing just okay at least, so it's more practical to forget about taking the rapper position seriously unless they get lucky and find someone who is already good enough.

You also have to consider that rap is not only difficult because the trainee needs to have a genuine interest in it, some talent, but also because good teachers are extremely difficult to find. I remember that in the group I stan, a member who began rapping before joining the company actually revealed that even in training academies they don't teach you a lot of useful things about rap (he joined one for a quicker audition lol). In addition he also trained a member that didn't rap before joining the company even though the company had rap teachers.

• Doesn’t txt have yeonjun? I don’t think he’s much worse than the average idol rapper. It’s just that txt don’t have official positions and their songs don’t have much rap so most of the time so he sings. Anyways, even tho I would appreciate it if they add some rappers to their group it’s better than giving someone a rap position just so they have something to do like what sm does all the time

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!