ABORTION USA = Fetus at Conception = Human Being ??? ; 2022.07.17

• www.cnn.com/abortion-religion-dobbs-roe

How the USA Supreme Court recalibrated the Abortion Debate

in just 3 words ; 2022.07.17

*** Begin Quote ***

"Unborn Human Being" is the term (USA SUPREME COURT) Associate Justice Samuel Alito adopted from the (USA State) Mississippi statute (Law), thereby replacing the key phrase in the landmark 1973 Roe ruling that spelled out a constitutional right to abortion: "Potential Life" ... It may seem like a semantic argument (casual wording in one manner or another). Experts say it's anything but (so , NOT an inconsequential choice of words) ... The (Alito) majority opinion gives credence to the notion -- embraced largely by the 'Religious Right' (Pro Life = Anti-Abortion Choice) -- that life begins at fertilization (conception) ... (Medical) Doctors tend to focus on 'Viability' (of fetus to remain alive) , which experts believe to be around 23 weeks (after initial fetus conception).

*** End Quote ***

Observation (NOT expert on this , fairly sure I have it correctly though) -->

So , IF that it is ever decided that *at conception* , a 'fetus = human being' (under USA Law) ... THEN , you have a *very significant* change in the USA Abortion Law situation ... So far , even now , I would say that this issue remains as UNDECIDED under USA Law ... So , as yet in USA , a fetus at conception , is NOT regarded USA LEGALLY as a human being , yet ... Just spelling out the general issue on 'fetus = human being' ... As it is likely to be an *ongoing* situation of dispute ... Where *one* USA STATE will likely see it differently (fetus = human being) than *another* USA STATE ... And *then* , the issue becomes , can a USA citizen TRAVEL to *another* USA STATE , and then 'fall under' THAT particular USA's STATE's view of 'fetus = human being' ... Meaning say , a woman could have an ABORTION in that USA STATE that they are *visiting* there ... And then , IF the woman *returns* to her USA STATE of CITIZENSHIP , could she THEN be *ARRESTED* as a MURDERER for having an ABORTION while located in *another* USA STATE that allows Abortion legally for her ... Perhaps even , can a DOCTOR residing in *another* USA STATE , be *ARRESTED* for *knowingly* performing an ABORTION on a woman who lives in a *different* USA STATE that *prohibits* that ABORTION under HER STATE LAWS that apply to her when living WITHIN her particular USA STATE of citizenship ??? ... These USA Abortion Legal Issues (controversies) are YET to be fully decided , is my understanding ... I was thinking that it might take DECADES (20 Years) , before USA SUPREME COURT legal decisions are made with regard to these controversial Abortion Issues (my guess).

This THREAD is intended as *information* to 'frame the debate' if you will ... NOT wanting actual messages of debate as to IF that a 'fetus = human being' at moment of conception ... I would *strongly* prefer that debate to be placed in *another* THREAD that someone else originates it ... It seems to me , that should offend nobody , my asking for that (a different THREAD for the DEBATE).

@dummi <-- Since this issue is of interest to you.

Edited 3 times, last by krell ().

• abortion ok up until 22 weeks methinks. the rest I dunno.

I'm a guy after all.

Closed the thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!