at this point theres no reason why companies should be mismanaging GGs in favor of BGs

• i feel like in the past you could argue that boy groups have a bigger and hence more loyal fandom compared to GGs who usually relied on the GP, hence why companies prefer them but it's 2022 now. you have GGs selling really well, some selling on par with the top boy groups. add on the fact that they usually get better streams along with many of them getting hit songs, CFs, etc like....atp it's just misogyny

• some selling on par with the top boy groups. add on the fact that they usually get better streams along with many of them getting hit songs, CFs, etc like....atp it's just misogyny

thats the tea :siptear:

• YG hasnt gotten the memo yet

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• yg, living off bp and still hasnt gotten the memo </3

convinced yg is a money laundering scheme for all the shady shit yg does pepe-ooh the money bp makes them is just a bonus

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Is it really though? Albums and touring are the big money makers for groups.

Only 2 ggs have million sellers in the last few years (3 if you go back to SNSD) and touring wise the biggest ggs are SNSD, Twice and BP.

Meanwhile multiple bgs have sold at least 1m and some groups have done that more than one occasion, no gg has done that feat. As for touring bgs in a single tour often have much more attendees than a similar level gg's multiple gg tours combined.

Yes there are other avenues of income like YouTube, cfs, streams etc but pure raw income for the group then it's the traditional albums and touring that comes out top. And that's where bgs still shine very easily. So companies are more inclined to produce and look after bgs better than ggs.

• Albums and touring bring in money, boy groups still generally have more dedicated fandoms that will contribute to those things whether you think so or not. Aespa just sold 1.6m which still only puts them even with the top bgs in their own gen, never mind the top bgs overall, and only one other gg (bp) has come close to that number ever. Half of those sales came from China too where they’re not even able to tour.

Plus, small, unknown company ggs are not in any reality attracting a fandom like bgs from the same companies. Ggs have to hit it big with the gp to get a decent start and that’s hard af when you come from a unknown company

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!