The Spies Who Loved Me

• cc2a303760e1e6c3fdbed5f7a16e623a872b800b.jpg

I. Introduction

The Spies Who Loved Me is a South Korean television series starring Eric Mun, Yoo In Na, and Lim Ju Hwan. The series revolves around Kang Ah Reum (Yoo In Na), a wedding dress designer, and her two husbands; ex Jun Ji Hoon (Eric Mun) and current husband Derek Hyun (Im Joo Hwan), who both hide their real identities from her. It premiered on MBC TV on October 21, 2020, airing twice a week. It is the first drama by screenwriter Lee Ji Min &, MBC confirmed the casting of Eric Mun, Yoo In-na and Lim Ju-hwan on June 22, 2020 in a press release that described the series as a romantic spy drama. The main poster was revealed on September 29.

II. Synopsis

Kang Ah Reum is a wedding dress designer who has been married twice. Her two husbands harbor many secrets and Ah Reum gets swept up in them. Jun Ji Hoon disguises himself as a travel writer, but he is actually a secret agent for Interpol. His job as a secret agent is a way for Jun Ji Hoon to support himself financially. He is currently divorced. He was married to Kang Ah Reum, but they divorced without Kang Ah Reum learning about his secret life as a spy. Kang Ah Reum now works as a wedding dress designer. She met Derek Hyun after her divorce and they eventually married. Her current husband works as a diplomatic official and seems gentle and warm. His secret is that he is actually a cold-blooded industrial spy. Derek Hyun treats his wife sweetly, but, for his job as an industrial spy, he will do anything. He loves Kang Ah Reum sincerely, but he also hides his true self from her.

III. Trailer

IV. Episodes

V. OSTs

VI. Reception

With the highest rating of 4.3% &, the lowest rating of 1.5% KOR. nation wide, it has also gained 6.0 on IMDB, 9.2 on iQiyi, & 7.5 on Mydramalist.

VII. Awards & Nominations

Year Award Category Recipient Result
    2020 39th MBC Drama Awards Drama of the Year The Spies Who Loved Me Nominated
    2020 39th MBC Drama Awards Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Wednesday-Thursday Miniseries Eric Mun Nominated
    2020 39th MBC Drama Awards Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Wednesday-Thursday Miniseries Yoo In Na Nominated
    2020 39th MBC Drama Awards Excellence Award, Actor in a Wednesday-Thursday Miniseries Lim Ju Hwan Won
    2020 39th MBC Drama Awards Best Supporting Actor Kim Tae Woo Nominated
    2020 39th MBC Drama Awards Best Supporting Actress Cha Joo Young Nominated
    2020 39th MBC Drama Awards Best New Actor Bae In Hyuk Nominated
    2020 39th MBC Drama Awards Best New Actress Park So Jin Nominated
    2020 39th MBC Drama Awards Best Couple Eric Mun & Yoo In Na Nominated