Monsta X - Take.2 We Are Here

• Take.2 We Are Here is the fourth full album by South Korean boy group Monsta X. It was released on February 18, 2019 by Starship Entertainment. It contains ten tracks including the title track "Alligator".

I. Background

Coming off the heels of Take.1 Are You There?, even before the title was announced, the album was listed as one of the most anticipated K-pop albums of the year by Billboard. The album follows the themes introduced in Take.1. The album also features a collaboration with producer Steve Aoki.

II. Tracklist

Title Lyrics Music Arrangement Duration
    Intro: We Are Here - STEREO14 STEREO14 1:12
    Alligator 서지음, Joohoney, I.M Kevin Charge, Andreas Öberg, Drew Ryan Scott, STEREO14, Daniel Kim Kevin Charge, STEREO14 3:12
    악몽 (Ghost) 이스란, JoohoneyI.M Daniel Kim, Cage Cage 3:28
    Play It Cool (with Steve Aoki) 서지음, I.M Steve Aoki, Corey Sanders, Coffee Clarence Jr., Sylvester Willy Silverstein, David Morup Steve Aoki 3:06
    No Reason Wonho, Brother Su, Joohoney, I.M Wonho, Brother Su, An Seong-hyeon, Shin Ki-hyun Wonho, An Seong-hyeon, Shin Ki-hyun 3:24
    Give Me Dat 정윤 (153/Joombas), Joohoney, I.M JJ Evans (153/Joombas), Jeff Lewis, Sebastian Berglund Sebastian Berglund 3:25
    난기류 (Turbulence) JQ, 신새롬, 솔희(makeumineworks), Joohoney, I.M Daniel Kim, STEREO14, Ti STEREO14, Ti 3:21
    Rodeo JQ, Mola, TOMBOY, 감은유(makeumineworks), Joohoney, I.M Hanif Hitmanic Sabzevari, Christian Dropfill Berglund, Andy Love, Daniel Kim Hanif Hitmanic Sabzevari, Christian Dropfill Berglund 3:43
    Stealer 서지음, 이스란, Joohoney, I.M Hanif Hitmanic Sabzevari, Dennis Deko Kordnejad, Daniel Kim, STEREO14, Brother Su, Ryan S. Jhun Hanif Hitmanic Sabzevari, Dennis Deko Kordnejad, Daniel Kim, STEREO14, Ryan S. Jhun 3:28
    Party Time Brother Su, Joohoney, I.M Caesar & Loui, Brother Su Caesar & Loui 3:10

III. Album Preview

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

IV. Spotify

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

V. Music Videos

VI. Concept Photos

VII. Commercial Performance

Take.2 We Are Here has sold more than 250,000 copies since it's release and has been certified Platinum by the KMCA. It debuted at number 1 on both the Gaon Weekly and Monthly Album charts and landed at number 22 on the 2019 Gaon Year End Album chart. In the US it landed at number 4 on the Billboard World Album charts.

"Alligator" peaked at number 5 on the Billboard World Digital Song chart and picked up four music show wins on The Show, Show Champion, M Countdown, and Music Bank.

VIII. Awards and Nominations

Year Award Category Nominated Work Result
    2019 21st Mnet Asian Music Awards Best Dance Performance - Male Group "Alligator" Nominated
    2019 21st Mnet Asian Music Awards Song of the Year "Alligator" Nominated
    2020 9th Gaon Chart Music Awards Album of the Year - 1st Quarter Take.2 We Are Here Nominated
    2020 34th Golden Disc Awards Disc Daesang Take.2 We Are Here Nominated
    2020 34th Golden Disc Awards Disc Bonsang Take.2 We Are Here Won