Monsta X - Take.1 Are You There?

• Take.1 Are You There? is the third full album by South Korean boy group Monsta X. It was released on October 22, 2018 by Starship Entertainment. It contains ten songs including the title track "Shoot Out".

I. Background

Following their successful world tour, The Connect, it was announced that the group would follow up by releasing their second Korean full album in October. The album once again features production credits for members Wonho, Jooheon, and I.M.

II. Tracklist

Title Lyrics Music Arrangement Duration
    Intro: Are You There? - Stereo14 Stereo14 1:01
    Underwater Brother Su, Jooheon, I.M Caesar & Loui, Brother Su Caesar & Loui 3:46
    Shoot Out 서지음, Jooheon, I.M Daniel Kim, Stereo14, Ti Stereo14, Ti 3:27
    Heart Attack Wonho, Jooheon, I.M A-Dee, Drew Ryan Scott A-Dee 3:19
    널하다 (I Do Love U) Wonho, Kihyun, Minhyuk, Jooheon, I.M Wonho, An Seong-hyeon, Shin Ki-hyun Wonho, An Seong-hyeon, Shin Ki-hyun 3:46
    어디서 뭐해 (Mohae) I.M, Yoonseok, Wooki, Jooheon I.M, Yoonseok, Wooki I.M, Yoonseok, Wooki 3:30
    Oh My! 이스란, Jooheon, I.M Maria Marcus, Albin Nordqvist, Brad. Albin Nordqvist 3:43
    Myself Zaya (153/Joombas), Jooheon, I.M Hyuk Shin (153/Joombas), Jeff Lewis Hyuk Shin (153/Joombas), MRey (153/Joombas) 4:12
    By My Side Jooheon, 9F, I.M Jooheon, 9F Jooheon, 9F 3:43
    Spotlight (Korean version) Wonho, Jooheon, I.M Albin Nordqvist, Adrian McKinnon, GASHIMA Albin Nordqvist 3:56

III. Album Preview

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

IV. Spotify

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

V. Music Videos

VI. Concept Photos

VII. Commercial Performance

Take.1 Are You There? has sold more than 240,000 copies since it's release. The album topped the Gaon Weekly Album chart and was listed at number 19 on the 2018 Gaon Year End Album chart. In the US, the album peaked at number 7 on the Billboard World Album chart and at number 6 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart. In Japan, it peaked at number 7 on the Oricon Weekly Album chart.

The album ranked on several year end lists including Billboard's 20 Best K-Pop Albums of 2018 (number 13), Refinery29's 12 Best K-Pop Albums of 2018 (number 6), Rolling Stone India's 10 Best K-Pop Albums of 2018 (number 10), and was included on Real Sound's Top 10 K-Pop Albums of 2018.

"Shoot Out" became one of Monsta X's most successful singles. It peaked at number 6 on the Billboard World Digital Songs chart and netted four music show wins on The Show, Show Champion, M Countdown, and Music Bank.

In 2020, "I Do Love U" charted at number 5 on the Billboard World Digital Song chart and in 2021, "Myself" peaked at number 18 on the same chart.

VIII. Awards and Nominations

Year Award Category Nominated Work Result
    2018 20th Mnet Asian Music Awards Best Dance Performance - Male Group "Shoot Out" Nominated
    2018 20th Mnet Asian Music Awards Song of the Year "Shoot Out" Nominated
    2019 33rd Golden Dic Awards Disc Daesang Take.1 Are You There? Nominated
    2019 33rd Golden Dic Awards Disc Bonsang Take.1 Are You There? Won