Max Changmin - Chocolate

• I. Introduction

Chocolate is the Korean solo debut EP of Max Changmin, a South Korean singer and member of the boy group TVXQ. The EP was released on April 6, 2020 with the lead single "Chocolate."

II. Background and Release

Although Changmin featured on solo tracks on TVXQ albums, this EP was his first solo release. The release was announced on March 23, 2020 with teasers and mood samplers released until April 4. The first music video teaser was released on April 4, with additional teasers until the day of release. The EP features six songs and was available in two versions: Orange and Gold. An additional performance video for "Chocolate" was released on April 13, during Changmin's promotions on Korean music shows, while a special video for the b-side "Me, Myself & I" was released on April 15.

III. Track List

Title Lyrics Music Arrangement Length
    "Chocolate" Changmin Thomas Troelsen, Sam Martin, Ian Kirkpatrick Thomas Troelsen, Yoo Young-jin 2:52
    "High Heels" Bottle God (X &) Bottle God (X &), Aisle (이아일) Bottle God (X &) 3:40
    "Lie" (featuring Chungha) Seo Ji Eum Jake Torrey, Alma Goodman, Hitimpulse Hitimpulse 3:26
    "Piano" Hwang Yubin Thomas Troelsen Thomas Troelsen 3:11
    "Me, Myself & I" Bottle God (X &) Bottle God (X &) Bottle God (X &) 3:44
    "No Tomorrow" Changmin Jake Torrey, Omega, Bram Inscore, Isabella "Machine" Summers Jake Torrey, Omega, Bram Inscore 3:25

Spotify Playlist

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

IV. Videos

Chocolate MV:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Performance MV:

Me, Myself & I MV:

V. Concept Photos

1585755197-utf3zsv.jpg

1585755202-9fksnkk.jpg

1585755207-fidya7n.jpg

VI. Reception

The EP debuted at #1 on the Hanteo Album Chart, #2 on the Korean Gaon Album Chart and #3 on the Japanese Oricon Albums Chart. It also topped the iTunes charts in 8 regions. The lead single charted on the Gaon Singles Chart.