Posts by choasupremacy

Thank you for this! That was a really useful explanation. I hadn't thought about profit vs. total future revenue. Fandom vs. GP satisfaction probably plays into tracks as well.

I wonder if this hints at a deliberately short-term strategy for BP -- I hope that's not the case, but whether they renew is up in the air. In that case retention and future profits are irrelevant. I wonder if the resentment they've built up would bleed into the success of the YGNGG fandom. (It would serve YG right). If anyone would do this it's YG.

This could also be an over-the-top attempt at pre-solo-starving -- Twice went through their equivalent of a drought (like 7 months lol) before Nayeon's debut and Red Velvet's been gone since March after promising a cb every season -- you can bet a lot of that will fuel Seulgi's success.

In either case, if I were a Blink i'd be so hurt and pissed.

Good thing straw companies aren't counting on California as they've been banned. But the paper straw companies are doing great because it takes about three of them to get through one beverage. :)

I agree with this, but if this is the approach what is the disadvantage to YG ultimately? Aren't they maximizing profit with more, but less dedicated, fans? What is the disadvantage to a more casual fandom if they are making more money than those with more intense but smaller pool of fans ?

YG has to change up his strategy, the "fandom" is essentially a bubble right now with nothing really structurally sound or grounded. Their streams and sales is still impressive, the best in industry, however, that is relative. 10% of 1,000,000 fans buying albums is larger than 30% of 250,000 fans buying album but it doesn't say much about the strength of the fandom.

Personally I think TTT (and Celebrate for that matter) sound like non-disco The Feels - especially their choruses. I like all three a lot. Sounds like they've found a sound that's quite successful internationally -- Interestingly The Feels was -huge- in Japan. It's definitely a pivot from the more lush and elegant Fancy/Special era. Whatever it is, it's working internationally big time in the two biggest markets.